Show Us Your Life Home Tours...Kitchen

Here's my kitchen. I redid it this fall. It was a 80's kitchen with oak cabinets, burgundy wallpaper, flourescent lights, etc. It was kind of dark and I wanted a white cheery kitchen. The kitchen was fine before but it was dated and not me at all. Now I feel like the kitchen is totally fits my personality. If you want to see what the kitchen looked like before, click here. I know there's a lot of pictures on here but I didn't know which ones to put on so I just put a lot of them on.
I got the little chandeliers above the island at a flea market.   
I couldn't decide if I should paint and distress the wood dome so I put a picture on Facebook and asked everyone. Everybody told me to leave it so I did and I'm glad I did. It's kind of a fun wood dome. I know I have a lot of chandeliers in my kitchen but I love them. They make me feel good when I walk in the kitchen.  
Here's our breakfast nook. I have a lot of fun decorating my table for different events. This picture had Christmas balls in the lanterns (which I got at a flea market). I got the placemats from Etsy. I saw them on Pinterest and had to have them! They weren't expensive so that was a plus, too!
And this is decorated for a friend's birthday and Valentine's Day. 
This desk used to be burgundy and oak. I love it all white now. Got the little chair at Saver's ($7) and the cushion at Pier 1.
The chairs by the island have been replaced now with little stools. You can see them in the first picture.
My sister-in-law made the Faith, Truth, Love window frame. I LOVE it so much! If you look closely, you can see the polka dots and stripes etched on the glass behind the words.  

I put this chalk board up and love to write different things on there for different events.  
This are the LOVE verses for Valentine's Day. 

This is a messy picture of my kitchen, but I wanted to put my magnet board on here that I got a couple of months ago at a flea market. I love it because it's so unique. I love putting Rosy's artwork on there and special cards from people. I also throw invitations on there, etc. I think it's fun!  You can see my sweet Reg under the table. He makes me laugh every single day!!
So, there's my kitchen!!! I can't wait to look at all of yours! Happy Saturday everybody! ;)

Comments

Hi there, I just started following you from over in the UK. Your kitchen is beauitful! A definite improvement you've done there:) I love your seating area - looks really cosy.
Cristi Atchley said…
OHMYGOODNESS! I don't even know where to begin! I think out of all the kitchen's I've seen linked up on Kelly's Korner, yours is my favorite! The cabinets, chandeliers... oh my! Sorry I'm gushing! And I adore your round table and chairs!

I'm definitely a new follower!

GORGEOUS kitchen! Magazine worthy!
Lacy said…
I sooooo love your table and chairs. I want...I want...I want!!!
Natasha said…
I love your Faith-Truth-Love window frame. It's beautiful.
Unknown said…
SO gorgeous!!! I LOVE everything...especially the chandeliers and the awesome wood dome! So unique!!!! That magnet board is so cool too! :) Great job!!
Nicole Andrus said…
I'd love to know if you sanded, used a primer (which brand?), which roller did you use? I'm about to tackle this DIY project myself and I LOVE the way yours turned out. BTW, I'm a total copy cat...using the same colors and everything. LOL
Heather Bug said…
Thanks so much, y'all!!! Nicole, I posted another blog about how I did everything. I'll put the link here and I'll go to your blog and post it. I love it that you are copying me....that's a huge compliment! Here's the link.http://lanesmiles.blogspot.com/2011/08/first-step-in-painting-our-80s-oak.html