Home Sweet Home

*Not sure the date of when I wrote this was but I wanted to post this! I think I wrote this in September. We close on this house on Thursday. My sister told me that God spoils me and He sure does!! I feel so loved by Him all the time! One day I get to see Him face to face and tell him in person THANK YOU!!!

This is what I wrote around September:
So, a neat thing happened. Instead of me writing the whole thing down, I'm just going to copy and paste the text that I wrote to my family. This was on August 8.

"Oh my gosh y'all, I have THE neatest story to tell y'all!!! Well, Lamar and I have been looking at houses even though we weren't going to start getting serious until March. It's just fun to look. Well, we found this house that we both LOVED. The outside wasn't the greatest but the inside was GORGEOUS! Lamar said, "Let's go ahead and buy it!" Well, for one thing, it wasn't in the neighborhood I wanted to live in. It's past Robinson. And another thing, it wouldn't be wise to buy a house right now when we are still renting this one. So, I said these exact words to Lamar..."I don't want to get ahead of God. As tempting as it is to buy a house now, it's not the time. What if we get ahead of God and he has a wonderful blessing that we miss out on. I mean, what if he has a house on "our lot" on Christopher Cove. What if someone is building a house right now on that lot and is going to sell it". Then I said, "wouldn't you just die if that happened?" We've wanted that lot for SIX years and it was for sale that long BUT when I looked to see about it when our Chimney Sweep house sold, that lot had sold! I couldn't believe it but told Lamar that it must not have been the lot for us or that the timing wasn't right and maybe one day. Anyway, after I said to Lamar, "Wouldn't you just die if that happened?" He said, "I wouldn't be surprised!" And then I said, "Actually, I would be surprised if it didn't happen!" And we both laughed. So today, we drove by a house in Lee Ann's neighborhood just to look at a house for sale for fun. And then we went to Hillsbourgh and then we went to our old neighborhood. I had looked online recently to see if there were any houses for sale on Christopher Cove or Sugar Maple and there weren't. So we pulled into Valley View and I told Lamar that I felt like I was home again. If hurt my heart some, :( then we drove by our Chimney Sweep house and Reggie was so excited. It looks so good. They did all new landscaping. And THEN we drove up Christopher and they are BUILDING A HOUSE ON OUR LOT!!!!!!! I was ECSTATIC!! Lamar said someone is probably building themselves a house and I told him I just KNEW it was for sale!!! He said the last time I was this sure of something was when we moved to Little Rock and I knew his practice and our house would sell for full price. Anyway, we went back home and I prayed that God would let us know if it were for sale. We then went to Arby's to eat and I told Lamar jokingly that I wanted to drive back by "our house" and go inside. So, we did and it's ONE STORY which is what I've wanted and it had a covered back porch for Reg, etc. Well, wouldn't you know...the BUILDER just happened to come by and the house is FOR SALE!!!! He was bringing his wife out to see it because she had never seen the inside before. It's 3100 square feet so not too big and definitely not too small! And we can pick out the stuff for the inside! Anyway, it's not for sure yet but HELLOOOO!!! Seems pretty clear!!! And that house is only a MILE from Lamar's office!!! So, look at this picture from 65 weeks ago that I put on Instagram. The house is going to be brick and stone. And it's in my neighborhood on my walking route which I've been praying for!!!"
This was the Instagram picture and the house I wanted to build on that lot at the time but I wanted to reverse the house to be able to see the view. 
And this is me at the same place 65 weeks later....August 8th.
And a picture of the house that night.
This was after we met with the builders who are super nice people. We drove by and met the electrician who was also super nice and talked very highly of our builder. 
The ceilings are so high...12 feet. Love the arches, too.
Kitchen/living/breakfast area..love how open it is.
Looking into the dining room.

Marci and Hannah were in town for my dad's retirement party (I need to blog about that) and we drove them by to see the house. The sun was setting and it was so pretty.
Last night, we drove by again and look at the view. Ahhhhh....
And this is the view from one of the bedroom windows. We asked them to cut full size windows where we could see the view. They had small windows but they were too high up for us to see the view. We are SO glad we asked them to do that because they view is just gorgeous. We will take this view in as much as possible. 
They cut the windows yesterday and this is the view...we just love it!
I can't get enough of sunsets! 
And the roof is now on, too. We got to pick the roof color. I had no idea how to really do that and have just never paid much attention to roof color so I just picked my favorite one to go with the brick and stone. I think the roof looks great! You can see the two windows that they cut yesterday on the side of the house. 
Our future home sweet home. :) 


Photobucket

Comments