Fast and Easy Rolo Brownie Bites

Happy Happy Friday, y'all! Some of y'all might know that back in the day I had a baking blog. And, by back in the day, I mean I started it in 2009 and my last post was in 2011. I probably should update it and keep adding to it, but I just don't bake or cook as much anymore now that our nest is empty. But, I did have so much fun with that blog. I would just bake or cook as usual but along the way I would take pictures and blog about the recipes. I still go back to that site and get recipes. I send my kids and friends there when they are wanting a certain recipe, too. It's so easy to just send them a link. I'm all about fast and easy recipes! One of my favorite super easy "go to" recipes are these super yummy and easy brownie bites. I first blogged about these in 2009 here but thought I would add the yummy recipe to this blog, too. 
Ingredients:
Brownie Mix (I use the Duncan Hines 13x9 family size).
Rolo's (they now have them unwrapped) WOOHOOOO!!! 
Vegetable oil
2 or 3 eggs
You are also going to need a mini cupake/muffin pan
Optional: mini cupcake or muffin liners
Preheat your over to 350 degrees. I use a mini cupcake/muffin pan that holds 24 mini cupcakes. I also buy the mini cupcake liners because this is so much easier than greasing the pan, even if you use spray. If you use the liners, you have much less mess and the brownie bites won't get stuck in the pan. Win win! 
Mix the brownie mix according to directions. The box says to use 2 eggs for chewy brownies (which are my fave) and 3 eggs for cakelike brownies. Usually I use 2 eggs, but after I cracked the eggs and saw how small they were, I decided to use 3 eggs. If you have bigger eggs, you might want to just use 2. Also, I always put in the liquid ingredients before the brownie mix. This seems to help the brownie mix not get stuck at the bottom of the bowl when mixing it. I just use a fork to mix it and then a spatula. It works for me.  
I just had to add this picture because Moses is so cute! In 2009 when I blogged about baking, I had my sweet Charlie Bear with me. He was always in the kitchen with me waiting for any scraps he was going to get. I sure miss him! I am happy to have another sweet boy cooking with me in the kitchen, though. Reggie was outside "sunning" while I was baking these. 
So, back to brownies! The next thing you do is scoop a whopping 1/2 Tbs of the brownie mix and pour it in the bottom of one of the liners. Make sure the entire bottom is covered and no liner is showing. This ensures that the caramel in the Rolo doesn't stick to the paper while baking. 
Now, just take a Rolo and push it down gently in the middle.
Next, just add another 1/2 Tbs of mix making sure to completely cover the Rolo.
This is what they will look like when they are ready to head into the oven. Put the pan in the middle rack of the over and bake them at 350 degrees for 18 minutes.
All done! You might want to let them cool for a few minutes...or not. 😉
Ready to devour! ENJOY the ooey gooey goodness!!! 
I can't make these brownies without thinking of my sweet cousin, Catie. When I wrote about these in 2009, I said that Catie had introduced me to these brownies at a family Super Bowl party. She was passing them around and I took one bite and fell in brownie love! I asked her all about the yummy goodness I just put in my mouth and she said, "Oh, it's just brownie mix with a Rolo in the middle. They're super easy!" She was so right! I can still see her and hear her telling me about them in her sweet voice with that smile on her face that was always there. Our sweet Catie is no longer with us. She left this earth last June 2nd at only 26. She will forever be missed but there is so much comfort knowing she is with Jesus. I will write more about sweet Catie soon on another blog post. Some say there is food in heaven and some say there isn't. I hope there is! And if so, I can't wait to enjoy Rolo Brownie Bites one day with Catie! 

More later! ❤️

Comments