Show Us Where You Live Friday (Guest Room)

Okay, so I was not going to show my guest room because it is SO bare!! Literally, there is nothing at all on the walls, as you can see. Matter of fact, there is nothing on the walls on any of my upstairs rooms, except the bonus room and that's pretty bare, too. I am just not upstairs much so out of site, out of mind, I guess. Anyway, this house has had a lot to update and I haven't done much but this room was the first room we did something with. There was early 90's Waverly wallpaper all over the wall and while I would have LOVED this room when Macy was 2, it's just not my taste anymore.
We painted over the wallpaper and while it would have been better to take down the wallpaper, we just wanted quick and easy and it did the job! We sprayed that orange peel spray over the walls to try to hide the wallpaper seams and border that may have shown through......didn't work but that's okay...nobody really notices unless I point it out. :)
The chest-o-drawers were in Macy's room at our other house and she had written all over the mirror with dry erase markers so that's what the green is on the mirror. :)
What do you do when you have a bare room to liven it up a little?! You have your Golden Retriever pose for the picture to warm it up. :)

I didn't even know that pink chair was in the corner until I went up there a few weeks ago. I don't know who brought it up there or how it got there. It was downstairs in the storage area the last time I saw it. That chair was my grandmother, Ree's. I want to get it recovered. I guess I'll add that to the long list. :)
Happy Friday, y'all!!!

Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Jennifer said…
The dog makes a great addition! :)
Melissa Miller said…
Heather your guest room is beautiful! You did an amazing job on the paint.

Your dog is too cute as well.

Have a wonderful weekend.
~Melissa :)
Awesome bed! And, I don't think my kids pose as well for a picture as that adorable dog of yours!

Mrs. Nurse Boy
Shauna said…
Hope you have a super weekend!
♥ HUGS ♥