Christmas Decorations

I am so behind on my blog, once again. I have so much to write about......Thanksgiving, the Turkey Trot, the Granny Walk, Marcifest, the LSU/HOG game, etc.  It was all wonderful! I don't want to leave all of that out.  I'll go back and catch up or at least I think I will.  One thing I learned way back in the day when I was scrapbooking was that if I got behind to just start where I was instead of backtracking. Otherwise, it was just too overwhelming. So, I'm starting with right now and right now, I'm decorating for Christmas.  I LOVE Christmas...the music, the atmosphere, and most especially, the celebration of Christ's birth.
I got a pretty swag for my door and wanted garland to match. I have a wonderful friend, Hope, who is an incredibly talented decorator and she volunteered to make the garland for me.  We went shopping together and she knew exactly what to buy and came to my house and put it all together.  She did a great job! I love my door!! I love that doggy in the window, too! :)
We added Christmas trees to the sides of the door. I love it that nobody can see in my windows now! I wish I could leave these up all year long.
Christmas lights outside the house.
Got new stockings this year and added a little Christmas tree beside the fireplace. I also added red curly sticks to my floral pieces (Hope's suggestion).
I left Hope at my house for about an hour while I went walking with a friend and when I came back, she was finished with the garland and had decorated another piece of garland and put it on my staircase.  She is such a sweet person. I love her and am thankful that God put her in my life. She is a new friend and a blessing!
I always put candy in this candle holder...all year round..at Christmas time, I've got Christmas candy in there. :)
Our stockings. :) I have wanted these for years but never ordered them but this year, I finally did! They were on sale at Ballard Design and I'm having a few Christmas parties at my house this year so I decided I'd go for it! :) They make me happy when I look at them. :)
We mailed Trey's stockings to his family.
I loved these curlies! They are on the sides of the garland.
The garland that Hope put on my staircase. :) I love seeing the lit up garland and trees on the front door from the inside of the house. 
My mom gave me these decorations years ago when we lived in Monroe. She drove down to help me decorate my house for Christmas which was so sweet of her. 
Our Christmas tree in the office. 
Before we hung the curtains that I should have hung 4 years ago. :s
Hallway
I think the kitchen table is fun and whimsical. :)
I just use cute Christmas paper plates to decorate the table.
Garland on banister.
Plate holder in dining room.
Hope added bows and ornaments to my chairs in the dining room, too. :) SO cute and fun!
My mom bought me this nativity the same year that she came and decorated my house.  I love it! I think it is so beautiful!
Dining room table
Hope also suggested putting ornaments in my candle holders.  There are also some gold glittery pine cones in there.

I want to keep up my Christmas decorations all year long.  My house is going to seem so bare when all these decorations are gone but I bet Hope will have some suggestions. 

Merry Merry Christmas everybody!!!
Jesus is the reason for the season!!! 

Photobucket

Comments

Unknown said…
As usual, it is absolutely dreamy and made my heart smile. Your friend is amazing, I think my biggest surprise LIKE was the chairs decorated. I have not seen that before. Great job Heather and Hope. Now who is Trey?
LOVE your decor!!! I knew it would be cute like you!! Your stockings are my favorite!!
Marlos ACE said…
Oh GIRL!!! It is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love it!!!
Leslie said…
I am in LOVE with your garland! Your decorations are beautiful! and I've been eyeing those stockings myself.. they are precious!

I love your blog, I just came across it! I'm a new follower and it is just too cute!
The Whitfields said…
Oh my goodness your garland is too CUTE! I know, I haven't blogged in forever either and it's hard to get caught up. Love the decor!!!
Marlos ACE said…
I had to come back and take a second look!!!! GIRL, its fabulous!!
Love those stockings!! I love looking at the Ballard Design catalog, and I have admired those stockings too! :)
Jamie Kubeczka said…
Okay, I am LOVING your Christmas decor.. Very pretty!
Blessed Mommy said…
Your front door is beautiful! Thanks for sharing your home. Merry Christmas.
Katherine said…
I enjoyed my visit to your blog. Wishing you happiness, Katherine
P.S. I'm having a giveaway please stop by and enter :-)
Katherine said…
I enjoyed my visit to your blog. Wishing you happiness, Katherine
P.S. I'm having a giveaway please stop by and enter :-)
Sherman said…
Hi There! You've got a beautiful house with nice decors. happy New Year!

Sherman Unkefer