Show us where you live Friday.....the Kitchen

Most of you probably read Kelly's blog. She is so much fun! Well, she is hosting a "Show us where you Live Friday" and this week is the kitchen edition. I am excited about this because I absolutely LOVE looking at houses and decor....it's so much fun and can really show someones personality. I just love to see how others express themselves through decorating. While I really do love my kitchen, it is the room I am looking forward to redoing the very most. My future plans are to take down the wallpaper and paint, paint the ceiling, redo the cabinets (probably really dark wood), paint the island black, take down the florescent light fixture above the island and replace with something a little more up to date, and replace the curtains. I think the previous owners did a great job decorating it but I would rather it be more my personality. I spend A LOT of time in my kitchen and I really enjoy it!!

When my mom and dad moved, they gave me their big round table that seats 6 people. It is so much fun having a round table...it's great to play games and have small group meetings. I also love the green fabric chairs. They do get stains on them, though, and I don't really know what I'm supposed to do about that. Maybe Scotchguard? I don't know. I also like my little cookbook holder nook. :)

I love these containers (I think they are made of cement because they are very heavy). I got them at one of my very favorite places, Yancey's Pharmacy, in Rayville, Louisiana. Maggie Yancey has great taste and buys things that I can't seem to find other places. Whenever we're in Rayville, we always make a stop there. :)
Mar bought me this oil painting either for my birthday or for our anniversary one year (they are only 2 days apart so it's hard for me to remember). I loved this painting every time we went in this antique store (that is no longer open and I can't remember the name of) and would always look for it every time we went in there. For some reason, I am always attracted to fruit paintings.
I got this one year at Pickin' and Ginin' in Rayville. They no longer have that, either, which is sad because it was really neat. It was a festival that they had every year on a weekend and different people would sing, they had yummy food, and there were great shopping boothes. These were tiles from a ceiling on an old house. I thought this was so unique!! They also had one with forks. My mom bought this for me years ago and I have loved it ever since.


Anyway, there's my kitchen. If you want to participate, head on over to Kelly's Korner and link your page to her site.

Photobucket

Comments

Very nice!! I can hardly see it, but I really like the ceiling over the dinning table!! cozy!!
cindy
Kathleen said…
I think your kitchen is beautiful, but dark cabinets and a black island would be so pretty. You have great bones to start with. Thanks for the tour.
Lindsey said…
Beautiful kitchen! I am attracted to fruit paintings too! I have a pear painting in my living room! Maybe "living rooms" will be next week! :)
Danielle said…
I love your spacious kitchen! The changes you're dreaming about sound fantastic, but until then, you've got a fabulous kitchen to enjoy. Thanks for the peek!
Sar(Mrs.Teddy) said…
I love your space! You have done a great job, it sounds liek you have wonderful taste! Thanks for sharing!
Rachel said…
That ceiling is GORGEOUS!
What a beautiful kitchen!!
-stephanie- said…
It's beautiful. So warm and inviting.
Marlos ACE said…
It is beautiful, love it. Can't wait to see it, after you put your personal touches on it.
Lauren said…
Absolutely LOVE your Kitchen, girl :) So beautiful!!!
~Katie said…
I love your kitchen!! That ceiling is awesome!! Beautiful!! I'll trade ya! :)
Kelly said…
Love your kitchen and I'm CRAZY about that table and green chairs - soooooo cute!!!
Angie Seaman said…
Awesome table and canisters (fleur de lis). Love everything! Thanks for sharing. Found you thru Kelly's blog. Just got my kitchen tour post up today. Little late. Ha ha! :)
Blessings, Angie Seaman
www.angelicagracedesigns.com/blog/ (blog)
www.angelicagracedesigns.com (website)
www.angieseamanphotography.blogspot.com (photography blog)
Christa said…
I love your kitchen! I like the ceiling above the kitchen table..that is so neat! Also, the green chairs are very cute!
Christa said…
Thank you! I know...counting calories is so hard! Especially when special occasions come up. I usually do good for a few days too, then mess up! Hope you have a good day!
Jocelyn said…
Cute kitchen (love the ceiling over the table)! I'm in the process of getting new counters and back splash... and am suddenly in LOVE with my kitchen!