Show Us Where You Live FRIDAY...Office

I've been so behind on Show us Where you Live Friday's. I am putting the office, dining room, and kid's rooms on here.

I am in the process of redecorating our office. It's come a LONG way already. This office was burgundy a couple of months ago with a chair rail and horrible curtains. The bookshelves have been painted and the walls. I still have to hang curtains, buy a new couch or chairs, change the fan, and put wood floors in. I was so burnt out when we finished painting everything that I've put it on hold for awhile. I will definitely get back to it, though.

This desk is going on the other wall and a couch or chairs or something like that is going to go in this spot. I also cannot wait to put a rug down after we get the wood floors down. I think it will make a big difference...this room is pretty bare right now.

The left side of my book shelf.
The right side of my book shelf.

Love this painting!! Sabrina (my sister-in-law) painted it. It's a glass window.
My dining room. Lamar made this table.
I got this centerpiece at Paul Michael's when I lived in Louisiana. I LOVE that store!! I got the candles at Restoration Hardware years ago.


Rooster tiles that I got at Pickin' and Ginnin' in Rayville years ago. One of these days I'm going to paint that wall....probably when I get around to painting the dining room. It may be awhile.
Wine cellar.

You can see what big drinkers we are! HA! :)

This was Macy's room in Rayville back in the day. It was my favorite room of hers. When we moved to Monroe, we copied this room again and then again when we moved to Little Rock.

Macy has always been an animal lover, golden retrievers especially since Charlie Bear is a golden. She had golden retriever posters all over her room then (she was about 10 or 11). Now, they've been replaced by pictures of friends, Bible verses (which I'm so thankful for), and Africa pictures. I just looked at the date on this picture and realized this was her room in Monroe in 2005! Wow, it looks just like the one in Rayville. She was actually 13 when she had this room and 10 or 11 when she had her room in Rayville below.


When we moved to our house here a couple of years ago, Macy was so tired of her pink rooms, so I let her do whatever she wanted to her room. She got together with her friends and painted it chocolate brown and mustard. I like her room fine but I miss the pink! :) I doubt you can see it but the one thing she has over her bed is a cut out picture of Africa (it's above Ellie's head in black). I don't think I've ever actually taken pictures of her room here but I found this one and you can kind of see the colors. The reason I don't take pictures of her room is because all you would see would be clothes everywhere!!!! :)

Macy's room before we redid it in pink. She was probably 9 when she had this room.



Ellie's room in Rayville. I loved this room!! We saw it in Pottery Barn and copied it. Lamar and I made the curtain thingys (for a lack of a better word) :) over the bed.

Her room is like this upstairs still but it's painted purple which I love. We haven't hung the curtain thing up yet and the lights have been long gone. I think I saw some like it at Party City recently, though.

Hope you are all fabulous!!! I can't wait to go look at all your rooms from the last 3 Fridays when I get some time. I've been swamped with Macy's graduation and then vacation. Macy is leaving on Thursday for Africa for 19 days. She's going on a mission trip and going to work with orphans. She's SO excited about it! It's been her dream to go for years. Please pray for her and her group if you think about it. Thank you!!!

Photobucket

Comments

Love the color and the window painting is awesome! Such a great idea!
Kitty said…
I will definitely be praying for Macy's trip. I can't wait to see how God uses her and works in her during those 19 days! I'll also be praying for her momma - 19 days is a long time!

Come check out my blog sometime - It's www.kittinoskarousel2.blogspot.com.