Love

My bed was made up this weekend, so I took a picture! :) Seriously, I never put the actual red blanket and pillows on the bed, even though I love it when it's made up. The reason I don't is because I would be taking the pillows off and puting them back on all day long. When Lamar comes home for lunch, we go to the bed and read or snuggle. We spend lots of time in our room. Because of this, I try to make it a place that's all about me and Lamar. I remember one time I read a girl's blog and she wrote about making your bedroom romantic. I'm all about that! I found this wonderful little plaque (if that's what it's called) at a store in Springdale at the Promenade that says, "always kiss me goodnight". I loved it! I also have a plaque kind of like that above our bath that says, "grow old along with me, the best is yet to be". I'm a hopeless romantic...always have been! :) I love love! :) I also have hanging in our room, 2 poster size colleges of just pictures of me and Lamar. I made one for our 4 year anniversary and the other for our 8 year anniversary. Speaking of anniversary's, our 9 year anniversary is on Saturday! It's hard to believe it's been 9 years! I don't know what we're doing yet. Lamar suggested going to Eureka Springs or Mt. Magazine. We'll see. We'll probably just stay here. But, if we did go to Eureka Springs, we would get to stop by in Springdage and hug our little Sunshine. That would be so worth the drive! I miss her! Last night, Lamar and I went to my parents house and took a walk on the golf course. It was a gorgeous night! The breeze was blowing and the views were beautiful. We sat in back of my parents house on the green and watched the sun set. It was so pretty. Mom and Dad joined us later. It was fun sitting in the breeze talking to Lamar, mom, and dad. We stayed out there talking until it got dark. My parents put their house on the market yesterday. :( They already have a buyer if his house sells, but if someone else comes along, they're going to take it. I'm going to miss that house! So, I really love my husband! I was doing my quiet time earlier and reading the book, The Power of a Praying Wife. That will always be one of my favorites and I go back and reread it every now and then, especially the chapter on the wife....that always convicts me, so I think it's good for me to read it and reread it. :) Anyway, she said she makes lists of what she's thankful for about her husband. I've done this a lot but I haven't done it lately, so I thought I'd make a list for the things I'm thankful for about Lamar.
1. He loves God and spends time with Him a lot!
2. He protects me.
3. He is super affectionate...always playing with my hair or scratching my back. When we're together, he's always holding my hand or putting his hand on my back, or asking me to sit in his lap. Sabrina said this would drive her crazy but I absolutely LOVE it!
4. He has a super soft heart. He cries easier than I do, which I love. This reminds me of my dad and I've always loved that about my dad, too.
5. He spoils me! :) HA! I know this is superficial, but he wants me to have everything I want and I think that is sweet. We're trying to be better stewards of our money, though, so I try not to take advantage of this too much.
6. He helps me around the house. He always asks me what he can do to help me.
7. He prays for me lots! He asks me every morning, "is there anything specific you want me to pray for you about today?". He also prays with me before we fall asleep every night and when we wake up every morning before he goes to do his quiet time.
8. He tells me regularly that he would be lost without me and that I am his best friend and usually he has tears to go along with it. :) I know, it sounds sappy, but it makes me heart melt. Last night, when we were talking in my parents backyard, he said, "Heather you're my best friend. Your my constant companion. I would feel so lost if you weren't beside me at night (we were talking about how in 9 years, we've never spent the night apart)." He says things like that to me a lot.
9. He writes me letters.
10. He dries my hair sometimes.
11. His lastest saying is, "If a woman is going to be hurt, it's not going to be my wife!". He got this from some pro ball player. This ball player was always careful to be faithful to his wife and protect his eyes. When he was interviewed about being faithful when so many men in his profession weren't, he talked about how he looked down while the gyrating pro cheerleaders danced and he ignored women when they came onto him. He wouldn't even look them in the eye. When asked if he thought he was being rude to these women, his reply was, "if a woman is going to be hurt, it's NOT going to be my wife!". Lamar loved this and has said it a few times lately.
12. He protects our marriage at all costs.
13. He's committed!!!
You know, I could go on and on and on about Lamar. I know it sounds like he's the perfect husband and the truth is, he is...for me. He's not a perfect person by any means and my goodness, we've had our stuff, that's for sure. We're both very passionate people and we're a lot alike. I always say that he's a slow version of myself. :) We both came into our marriage with LOTS of baggage and we're both stubborn. But, we've worked super hard and against the odds, have stayed together. I feel God's love for me through Lamar. I am truly blessed.



Posted by Picasa

Comments