Blog Makeover

I decided it was time for a new blog makeover so I had Jenny at Pink Armchair Designs do it and I love it!!! All of her designs are adorable!!! I wish I knew how to do stuff like that...how much fun!!! Lamar surprised me with flowers this week and they were gorgeous! I love the vase! I have the most amazing man imaginable. I am so thankful for him. I feel God's grace so much when I think about Him giving me Lamar. I so don't deserve him but God just gave him to me because I asked and He loves me.

My beautiful flowers. :)

Our Bunco group started this week. I absolutely LOVE Bunco! It's so much fun! There are so many reasons I love this game other than it's just a fun game.....fellowship with other women, yummy food, fun gifts, and lots of laughing!

Here's my Bunco group. One thing I love about this group is that there were a few people that I had never met before so it's a chance to meet new people. Everyone was so nice and fun. My sister, Hannah, is in the group with me, too. I knew the girl who started the group way back in my very short John Brown University days. She was super nice and I just happened to see her at church last summer after 19 years! It was so much fun to run into her. She moved with her husband from Texas for him to be on staff at the church. She is still just as sweet as ever and what a blessing to get to know her again.

I FINALLY got out "Christmas" cards, except I made them New Year's cards because I was so late! I still haven't sent them all out because I need to get some more addresses.

We took Rosie Love to Purple Cow yesterday (I won a $10 gift card at Bunco) :)....who better to take than a 2 year old who loves the color purple!!! She got a happy hot dog and purple ice cream with sprinkles. Oh, how I love this baby girl! She loves to play baby/mommy right now. Mar and I are the babies and she is the mommy. She likes for us to pretend we're taking a nap and we wake up crying. She comes over to us and says, "What's wrong baby Mar" (or baby Hadoo) and we'll tell her what's wrong and she always fixes it. She can do this all day long. :) After Purple Cow, we came to my house (she loves to be here which makes my day) and played baby/mommy.

A wonderful man died last week and we went to his funeral on Wednesday. He was an amazing man and the funeral was so uplifting! A bunch of people all went to the hospital where he was staying the week before he died and sang a few song to him in the lobby. His wife and 2 of his daughters brought him out from his room and he looked down on a bunch of people who loved him singing. One of the songs we sang was Amazing Grace. When we got to the part of the hymn that says "when we've been there 10,000 years", he lifted his arm in a fist of triumph (with the IV hanging off) up to God. He had a HUGE joyful smile. At his funeral, we sang Amazing Grace and during that part, we all lifted our hand like he did that day. I don't think there was a dry eye in the whole place. His marriage was one you don't see much these days...filled with lots of love and commitment.....a great example to others. They were married 43 years. My heart just breaks when I think about the loss she has to feel. She's been on my mind so much. It's obvious how much she loves the Lord, though, and I know she'll get through it with Him.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Rebekah said…
I love your New Years card. Your blog looks great. I started on back in Sept and i have 3 posts. I'm going to do a better job this year.

rebekah Courtney
Jennifer said…
Heather,
I am enjoying reading your blog! You are such an entertaining writer! I feel like I've gotten to know you better through your posts-I can tell what a sweet wife, mom, sister, aunt, mom and friend you are!
My daughter Claire (11) has a blog and she spent her own money to have Jenny design hers, too! She does a great job!
Take care!
Love, Jennifer