Lamar has been off work all week! This is the first time he's ever been off work that we've been home.....usually when he takes off it's for vacation. I've always wanted him to be home for a week where we could just relax and do fun things in our own town. Unfortunately, we've both been sick with colds and haven't felt like doing anything. I am just now getting better and he's just starting his cold. :s The most exciting thing we did was go to Best Buy for a few minutes and try to get doughnuts morning before last...both places were closed...we waited too late (which should tell you a little something about how late we've been sleeping). Today, we were going to get out and do something. We were going to at least go to dinner tonight but when it came time, we both felt too bad. We did end up watching Flywheel with May, Asa, and Andy. What a wonderful movie! I've seen it more than a few times and every single time it blesses me. If you haven't seen Flywheel, it's by the same people that produced Facing the Giants and Fireproof. I think Flywheel may be my favorite. It's true that the acting isn't the greatest ever but the message is just wonderful! Hannah, Justin, and Rosie followed Marci and her family back to Nebraska on Monday and I am missing that Rosie Love!! I am really missing her!!!! I called and talked to her yesterday and in the middle of our conversation, she said, "Love you, Hadoo". Oh, how I love her! Hannah told me that when she was riding over to Pam's yesterday, she said, "I am sad". Hannah asked her why and she said, "Because I want to see Hadoo". :( She misses me, too. What a joy that baby girl is! I made a cake tonight that I got on someone's blog (can't remember who) called Sock it to me cake. I knew when I read the ingredients that Lamar would LOVE it and he definitely does! I cooked it for too long, though, so it's a little burnt and dry....he's still had 3 pieces! HA! :) So, here's a few pictures.

Doing Jazzercise again at Powerhouse. Look at all the hams in my family...mainly the guys! :)

All my sisters.....I love them so much and am so thankful for them. I wished Marci lived here. When she is here, our time is extra special, though, because we don't get to see her all the time.

I miss Rosie!!! Look at her tutu...she is so girly!!!

I love my sista! She got me the cutest towel! Every time I go into the Crown Shop, I always want this towel..... Cal didn't even know that...she just knows me so well! The funny thing is that I almost got this same towel for her but they didn't have her initial.

A beautiful double rainbow! I love seeing rainbows....always a reminder of God's promise that He'll never flood the world again.

Look closely at the bottom right of this picture...what is it?? Well, it's a piece of chicken. The culprit? Who else but Charlie Bear. I really try not to tempt him by leaving out the chicken where he can get to it but I guess this time I left it out a little too long to cool and it was just too much for him. He gave in! I put it far back on the counter where I didn't think he could reach it. I also put a paper towel over it where he wouldn't be as tempted. Well, he couldn't reach the back pieces of chicken but he did get to the front pieces. I still don't know why this piece was in the foyer but it gave him away! :) I ended up still getting to make my Poppyseed Chicken but just halved it which turned out working out for the better because Mar and I were the only two home all week. Macy's been skiing. She got home last night after driving for 17 hours!! Whoa!!! She had a great time, though!

Sabrina (my sister-in-law) made this for Marci for her birthday. Isn't it cute?! It's a key holder. Sabrina is SUPER talented!!! She even illustrated the first edition of this book:
This is a GREAT book for mother's who have lost children.
Well, I am off to spend some time with my awesome hubby who just woke up. May just got home, too. She's sad because her best guy friend, Asa, is leaving day after tomorrow to go back to Ravencrest Chalet Bible School. Look at the view he gets every day.

Posted by Picasa

Comments