My mom is doing so much better!!! She is home now and healing. We are so thankful! Here she is with Rosebud the day she got home from the hospital. She gave Rosie a present for her homecoming. :) People have been so nice...they have prayed, brought tons of food, sent cards, etc. It feels so good to see people love the way people have loved my family through this.



Mar and I went to the Love and Respect video conference at our church this weekend. It was GREAT!!! We've read the book and it was really good but the conference was even better. Emerson Eggerich is a really talented and entertaining speaker. We really enjoyed it! Hannah and Justin went, too, which was fun. I did, however, leave early to do this:

Eat lunch with friends from junior high and high school. :) It was fun to see everyone! At one point, Kendra and Darcy were talking about pilates and they said that while people are in Pilates class, they have gas a lot!!! :) I thought they were kidding but they weren't. They said that everyone who takes Pilates knows this and that people in class just expect it. Kendra said that her friend said to her, "Okay, if you pass gas while you're doing this, don't be embarrassed, it's only natural". HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am still laughing thinking of this. I knew Lamar would LOVE hearing this and he laughed hysterically, too. I can only imagine!!! I have really wanted to do a Pilates class but now I'm not so sure!!!

Guess what I finished today???!!!! I finished reading the whole Bible!!! It took my 2 years but I did it!!! I only missed 2 days in the last two years. I don't want to sound like I'm tooting my own horn but this is HUGE for me!!! I have never read the whole Bible even though I have said I was going to a few times. This time I really did it!!! I didn't put a time limit on myself and just went at my own pace so there was no pressure. I also read a lot of the commentary at the bottom so that took longer but I get so much more out of it when I read that. I read the NLT Life Application Study Bible. Now I get to start again. Maybe it won't take me 2 years this time but if it does, that's okay. Well, I'm off to bed! More later!
Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Congrats of reading the Bible through! What a huge accomplishment!
Marlos ACE said…
Reading the Bible through, so AWESOME! SO glad your mom is feeling better. Sounds like you had a fun-filled weekend!
Sarah Mae said…
What an awesome accomplishment, reading the bible in two years!

By the way, I really want to read that book - I'm hoping my library has it! :)