It's been WAY too long since I've blogged. I haven't even read my blog lists in awhile. Anyway, Macy just got back from 9 days in Colorado and I really wanted to write about something she told me. She said she was in a store and there was a man buying some socks and gloves and he didn't have enough money. She said they were on sale for around $3. Anyway, she went up to him and asked him if she could please buy him those socks and gloves. Can I just say that my cup runneth over?!!! Yes, it runneth over. I am so thankful that I have a daughter who feels for others and loves the Lord and shows it!!! God watched over May May while she was gone in some really neat ways that I'll have to write about later when I have more time...Mar's ready for bed. Macy also got a roommate assigned to her that she has been talking to and really likes...she even plays softball!!! I asked Macy if she wrote on her roommate form that she played softball and May told me she never turned it in. God is so good!! I see Him EVERYWHERE in so many ways!!! Here are some quick pictures.

Justin, Hannah, me, Lana, and Mary
Chris Tomlin concert...AWESOME!!! He found out the day of this concert that his grandfather died and he did the concert anyway. He sang my favorite song by him, I will Rise, and it was so wonderful! His grandfather requested that he sing that song at his funeral. He had a hard time getting through it, so Israel (an incredible singer himself!) came out and sung it with him. I have it on video...I'll post it later.

Me and Cal
I love my sista friend and loved getting to sit by her during another concert...we also went to Rascal Flatts together. While Rascal Flatt sing some songs I love, this concert was much better....such an amazing experience.....LOVED the worship!!!!

LOVE this group of girls!!! This is my Thursday morning Bible study group. I loved this study...it was Beth Moore's Psalms of Ascent. I loved my Bible study leader...she is SO nice and genuine...just loved these girls...such a blessing to get to know them....can't wait until next Fall!

We went to Memphis to Benj and Riann's (pronounced Ryan) wedding. Memphis has some GREAT shopping!!! They had the best Target ever...it was HUGE and brand new and I only had 15 minutes in there...yep, went at 9:45 pm. :s We also went to the zoo.

I just heard tonight that a man tried to rob a dentist's wife last week at the Wal-Mart on Chenal. SCARY!! The guy had a gun and everything! UGH! It was at 11:30 pm and he just walked up to the lady with a gun and told her to give him her purse. He apparently hit her, too...makes me so mad. Fortunately, her husband was with her and got out his gun (he had a concealed gun license) and shot the guy in the butt...yep, the butt. The guy ended up driving off and going to the emergency room. Hopefully, he'll spend a lot of time in JAIL!! I am so glad that guy had a gun...otherwise, that robber (wearing a wig, by the way) would be free. Also, he deserved to be shot in the butt. I would usually use the word booty but that is too sweet for a criminal like that. I know we're supposed to love everyone but it's hard for me to love people like that. I guess it's the persister part of my personality coming out. I want justice! And, now I'm going to be scared to go to Wal-Mart, even with Lamar, late at night...my very favorite time to go. I want a tazer!!! I would have NO PROBLEM using it on someone like that!!!

More later!


Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Weeksie50 said…
I really didn't have much of a reason for being gone..
I just got busy and didn't make blogging a priority.. but I often thought.. about my bloggy friends and what they were up too.. I just read through the last few blogs.. You are always having so much fun : )
Leslie said…
Isn't it great when you look at your kids and see all your blood sweat and tears pay off! God is so good to give us such amazing kids! It sounds like Macy is on her way to being a great woman of God. Where is she going to college? HAve you heard about the Michael W. Smith/ Steven Curtis Chapman concert? That would be a good one too, I think.
Lauren said…
I LOVE Chris Tomlin and the concert looked like sooo much fun. Loved the pictures :o)
I have a Sony Alpha, and I am taking classes through Bedford camera. Loving it!