Go Tigers!!!

Macy is LOVING Ouachita!! I knew she would. I am so impressed with that school. Everyone from the students to the staff are all super nice. We moved Macy in last Saturday. Actually, I should say the students moved Macy in on Saturday. We got to Ouachita around 8:45 in the morning. We waited in a long line of cars but the line moved fast. The students were on top of things...they asked us Macy's name and gave us directions where to go. We parked our car and I'm not exaggerating when I say that those students had her stuff out of our car within 3 minutes and her stuff moved into her room within 5 minutes. I couldn't believe it! Everyone went out of their way to help everyone else and it was just wonderful! I feel SO good about Macy being there.
Here's Macy's dorm....Frances Crawford.
Macy and her roommate, Courtney. She is a really sweet girl. Macy loves her and they get along great!! Ouachita put them together and did a great job! I've heard that they really pray a lot about who the put together as roommates. When M and C found out they were roommates at the first of the summer, they immediately started getting to know each other through Facebook, phone calls, texts, and spending time together. They have a lot in common....they both played softball in high school, they are both messy, laid back, and most importantly, they both love the Lord.
Oh my gosh, I wish y'all could actually see this bathroom. The bathroom is literally the width of this picture...it's teeny tiny and 4 girls share it. Look at the TUB!!!! HA! :) I had no idea these tubs existed. It's about 2 feet long!!! My sister, Hannah, graduated from Ouachita and when I was telling her about these "tubs", she said, "Oh, I know, I took a bath in one of those every night"! HA!!!! :) That is so funny to me! I probably would have done the same thing, though...if it's between no bath or a 2 ft. long tub, I'd choose the 2 ft. long tub. I tell ya, Macy's going to be appreciating her bathroom when she comes home! :)
We ended up putting Macy and Courtney's beds on cinder blocks where they would have more room. Their desks and chest-o-drawers are underneath. I was a little "iffy" about Macy and Courtney's bedding not matching but I think their room looks really cute! I wonder if their beds have been made since. :)
There were students who were giving parents/new freshmen rides to and from Wal-Mart. How nice is that???!!! That way parents who didn't know how to get to Wal-Mart could just hop in one of the cars and not have to wait in the long line again. Super thoughtful!!
My niece, Abby, is also at Ouachita. She is in the new dorms and they are super nice!!! I took more pictures but they take forever to upload so I'm not going to post them but her dorm room is the nicest dorm I've ever seen. They are apartment type dorms....there are 4 students to a dorm room which consists of 4 bedrooms, 2 nice bathrooms, a living room, and a wetbar. All the cabinets are that pretty dark wood, too. Super nice! Students get into these dorms based on how many hours they have so there are actually some sophomores in that dorm. Wow!

Me and May in her dorm room. There were a lot of people in her room that day but they all helped so much. Courtney's parents are super nice and were so so helpful. I didn't have a bad experience all day....I mean, EVERYONE I met was nice....like go out of their way nice. It meant so much.
Andy, May, and Josiah
Andy spent the night Friday night and drove with Macy to Ouachita to help her move in on Saturday. I tell ya, that Andy is one strong girl! She moved desks, cinder blocks, beds, etc. She is a super hard worker and STRONG! She doesn't even work out and easily lifted a cinder block in each hand. I work out and couldn't do it. :s Also, Josiah was so sweet. He drove up there to say goodbye to Macy and him and Andy made her bed for her. He even cut all the tags off her pillows. I thought that was cute. This picture was taken right before Macy went off to her WOW meeting. The students went one way and the parents went the other. There were no tears for this mama. I am just so happy for her because this school is right up her alley. It's hard for me to be sad. Also, she's only an hour away. I can easily go up there anytime just for a quick lunch or maybe to even go shopping. She can come home just as easily. We can even meet in Benton/Bryant for lunch. As she was walking off in the distance, she yells, "Thanks Dad"! and doesn't say anything to me!!! I was like, "HEY, what about 'Thanks, Mom'...I mean you've only been with me for 18 years...no big deal"! She laughed and said goodbye! :) Lamar always says your kids are supposed to take you for granted and it's a compliment when they do...so I guess I feel complimented. :) I do have to say that she did say thank you A LOT all throughout the day to both of us. She's texted me a bunch since then and called a couple of times. She is super busy but loving it so much!!! She's complained for so long about being the only one in the house and now she lives with someone and is surrounded by people. Thank you, Lord, for leading us straight to OBU!!!

Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Glad to hear that she likes it! I know that is a big comfort to you!!
Lauren said…
This really does sound like the whole college experience is going to be a great one for her!!! She has so much to look forward to :)
Kitty said…
I'm so proud of you! I cry just thinking about my babies leaving home!