Macy and I have been shopping, shopping, shopping for college stuff. I didn't realize how much stuff she would need and how expensive it would get...wow, little things add up. She has needed everything from band-aids to bedding. She's done more laundry in the past few days than she's done in the entire 3 years that we've lived here. :) She is organizing, cleaning, and packing. I'm going to really miss her!!! She leaves on Saturday. :( I am just SO thankful that she's only an hour away and I know she's going to LOVE LOVE LOVE Ouachita!!!

Macy's friend, Chris, came shopping with us on Saturday. Macy and Chris had just dropped one of their best friends off at college and they were both sad so we went college shopping for almost 5 hours! :) I could literally probably spend an entire day in Wal-Mart. Here May May and Chris are hula-hooping in Wal-Mart. :)

Sweet friends.

I babysat Rosie today before she went to meet her teachers at school. It was so sad because she sprayed some perfume in her left eye and said, "I don't think I'll be able to go to school now". Poor baby girl. In the car, on the way to meet her teachers, I was talking to Macy about her spraying the perfume in her eye and Rosie overheard me. She said, "Oh, it's okay, it was only one eye". HA! :) Macy and I both laughed...way to be an optimist, Rosebud! :)

Here she is at school. She loved her classroom. There were dress up clothes for boys and girls, a play coffee maker, a play cell phone, all kinds of play food, a play ironing board and iron, etc. She loved it! Macy and I left before she did...she told her mom she wanted to stay! I think she's going to love school!!! :) When Macy and I left, we went and walked around PA and Macy went to see Mrs. Castleberry...the interim principal. Macy loves her! Mrs. C. told me that Macy was an amazing girl which always makes a mom feel good. I do have to say that people tell me that a lot about Macy. I am so proud of her. She IS an amazing girl!

Okay, so I need to lose 5 pounds. It's SO hard, though. Since I started doing zumba over a year ago, I have gained weight! I'm probably the only person on the planet who would start an exercise program and GAIN weight! When I tell people, they're like, "Oh, it must be muscle". Nope, it's NOT! I don't know what to do because I love zumba but it doubles or maybe even quadruples my appetite. It's crazy! When I haven't done it for a couple of weeks, I have noticed that my appetite goes back down and I lose weight. On the other hand, I love to exercise and I know it's good for me. I wish I could do zumba and eat less! On top of that I'm getting older and my hormones are out of whack, so that doesn't help. Shallow topic, I know, but it's on my mind a lot.

I've got little Charlie Bear hairballs all over my house. I keep picking them up or vacuuming them and a few minutes later there are more. They are coming out in tufts. Charlie Bear has been shedding his coat for at least 2 months. :s Goldens do that twice a year. It's about to storm here...I love it...loud thunder, strong winds, rain...the lights just flickered so I better get off of here.
One more thing...I just finished reading an awesome book called Crazy Love by Francis Chan. It's worth reading! It's convicting and I need to do something with my life to help others. I'm just not sure what it is yet.

Photobucket

Posted by Picasa

Comments

Mrs. Classic said…
My husband and I talk about the exact weight issue you are talking about. You are so hungry after and you think oh I got in a good workout so you eat more than you burned. I count my calories through weight watchers and it is amazing and so easy. If you choose your foods wisely you will never be hungry.
Jennifer said…
Heather,
OK, I had just seen the GORGEOUS pic of you in your post and thought "she has such a beautiful figure!" Then I read that you want to lose 5 pounds...where could you possibly lose it from?! :) You don't look like you need to lose an ounce- you are beautiful!
I pray that Macy has an AMAZING experience at Ouachita! I can't believe I've never met her, but I can tell that she is a wonderful young woman of God! I will also pray for you as you send her off. I can't imagine how that will feel!
Take care!
Love,
Jennifer
Kitty said…
I know, honey! I'm still working on those same stupid six pounds! Up, down, up, down, up, down....