My chick is leaving the nest

Today has been a GORGEOUS day!!! It has been sunny and breezy....perfect weather. We drove in the convertible and just took in the beautiful weather. We've been busy, busy, busy! Macy leaves tomorrow for Ouachita. I am sad she won't be here all the time but at the same time, I am so excited for her because I know she is going to love it and she's only an hour away....anytime she wants to come home or I want to go there, we'll just hop in the car and go. I asked Macy what she wanted me to cook for her last meal at home (for awhile anyway) and she chose poppyseed chicken (of course) and hashbrown casserole. You can't go wrong with lots of butter, cream of chicken soup, and sour cream!!! :)


Here we are...Mar cut up the chicken for the poppyseed while I made the hasbrown casserole. I have discovered in the last couple of years that cooking is not near as bad when you do it with someone you love. When Mar and I cook, it's almost always together.
And for dessert....the best cheesecake in the WORLD....Jello No Bake Cheesecake. Seriously, it doesn't get any better than this for cheesecake! I LOVE this stuff!!! Macy does, too! Macy is not a chocolate girl, which I still can't wrap my brain around....after all, she is MY daughter.

Our meal.....YUM!!! See those Sister Schubert rolls with loads of butter. Delicious!

I wanted to use our nice plates (instead of paper, like usual) and didn't realize until this picture that I forgot to use our glass cups. Macy has a Franke's cup...HA! :) Oh well, we all enjoyed our meal and ate it way too fast! Cooking literally wears me out more than a whole hour of zumba. I know that sounds bad but it's so true. I don't know if it just mentally wears me out or what but I'm always exhausted after cooking. Speaking of exercise, Mar and I went walking last night and got to see the most amazing sunset...it was deep pink and purple...just gorgeous!!!!
It's so hard to believe Macy is leaving tomorrow. I wonder when she'll come home again. She thinks it will be at least 2 weeks but I'm not so sure. We'll see. We're getting up bright and early in the morning, packing the car, and heading to her dorm to get all her stuff moved in. We lucked out because Macy is on the 1st floor and the 1st room after you walk in!!! How's that for a happy move in day?! :) Also, Macy's cousin and my niece, Abby, will be there. She is a junior at Ouachita and is helping all the freshmen move in tomorrow. She was also there with Macy when Macy was new to PA and made Macy feel so welcome then, too. I am so thankful for my family.
One more thing...I am co-leading our Bible study at Fellowship this year. I've never led or co-led a Bible study of adult women so it will be a good learning experience for me. I did lead a small group last year of 11th grade girls...that was lots of fun. Anyway, we're doing Beth Moore's Esther!!!! I absolutely love Beth Moore so I'm so excited!!!


Happy weekend!! :)
Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Becky said…
Heather, its been amazing for me to watch Macy grow up here in blog world! You are blest to have a daughter who loves the Lord and wants to serve Him. Best wishes on the transition! Take a big box of kleenex and have some M/M's on the drive home!
I did the Esther study this summer,and you will be blessed by it. Remeber " Its tough being a woman" Becky
Lauren said…
I know it's sad to see her go! We just moved my sister into her dorm this weekend too! It's going to be the best four years of her life though :)