Updating 2 days in a row...must be a record for me on here. :) Macy and I just got back from Ghengi's Grill (I don't know if I spelled that right). We met my friend, Belinda, there. Belinda has a major crush on Chris Tomlin and wanted to hear all about the benefit concert last week...... Macy got to meet him, got her picture with him, and got an autographed picture. When she found out how much Belinda loved him, she wanted to give her the picture. Macy's got such a sweet heart. Belinda missed the concert because she was in Florida. She was sick over it. So, we went to eat with her and told her every detail we could remember about the concert, which was GREAT by the way. It was such a blessing. It was so personable because it was at our church and a smaller setting. Anyway, here's the picture.

Macy and her friends snuck into the meet and greet and stood in line to meet him. All the other people had special stickers on to allow them back. Macy said that Chris was so nice to all of them.
Abby got her wisdom teeth out last Friday so we went to see her. Mom got her lots of little presents and wrapped them. Abby loved it! Her love language is gifts so it really meant a lot to her. I got her an Oreo Blast from Sonic. :) Abby's mouth is still numb and it's been 5 days so she's really worried that it's going to stay that way. I would be so panicked, too, but I think it will be okay...we're all praying it will.
Here we all are (well, actually, not near all...but the ones who went to see Abby)! I love my family!!! :) Hannah came a few minutes later so she's not in the picture but was there.

Molly (Abby's twin sister) made all these little signs behind her bed...this one said, "At least you don't have a butt chin". HAAAAA!!!! :)
Mar and Asa are upstairs working on the dance room. It's really coming together. I'm going to take pictures when it's all done. It's pink!!!
I just took a time out from this to answer the door. It was a friend that came over to get some stuff that I donated to her garage sale. She is so precious and loves and trusts the Lord so much. It is always so wonderful to talk to people like that. She's been through a lot the last 8 months and has learned so much through it all. I can see the Lord through her and it's really refreshing.
Okay, so the verse that I've been really focusing on lately is this one: James 1:19...Be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. I love James...it's filled with so much that I need to hear...of course, the whole Bible is but James really is and so is Philippians 4 for that matter. Anyway, I'm trying to KEEP that verse in my head because I am the opposite...slow to listen and very quick to speak. I'm ALWAYS talking. Another verse that I know God wants me to focus on is Ephesians 4: ....it's about being kind. This morning, I was checking my e-mail on my iPhone and read daily devotion from Family Life...it had Ephesians 4:32 quoted. The next e-mail I opened was Nancy Leigh DeMoss's daily Seeking Him and guess what verse was quoted. Yep, you guessed it...Ephesians 4:32 . Okay, I get the message. I'm kind to my friends, family, and especially kind to strangers for whatever reason but to my husband, uh...not so much so. I need to be kinder to him. I love him so much and he's the closest person in my life. It's always the toughest to be the kindest to the people who are closest to you. Who knows why but it's usually true. Anyway, I've been saying James 1:19 every day and I'm adding Ephesians 4:32 to it also. I need to say them a few times a day (at least) to really sink in.
For some reason I can't get spaces in between my paragraphs. Oh well. Better boogie.....Asa just left and Mar is waiting on me. More later.
Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Unknown said…
What great friends and family to go visit her while she is in bed!!! Mmmm Sonic...my favorite :)
Those signs are hysterical and had me laughing. Good thing no butt chin. Praying for the numbness to fade, as i would be worried to.
James is very right and to the point when he says: Slow to listen and quick to respond. I too need to work on that and watch what i say so fast. At times it gets my foot in my mouth. Thanks for sharing such inspiration. Have a wonderful week ♥
Lauren said…
Ohhhh, I love Chris Tomlin! He's my favorite singer and song writer!! He's coming to our church in a few months :)