God speaks in the small things

I love it when God speaks to you in the small things. Macy has been telling me for a couple of months that she needs new contacts. This has been a problem because she is away at college and her doctor is here and neither one of us know her doctor's name. I know, I know...it sounds horrible but she didn't want to wait and go to my doctor so she just went to Wal-Mart one day and it's a different Wal-Mart than the one we normally go to. I called the Wal-Mart once to find out who her doctor was (where I could order her some contacts)......they transferred me and nobody ever answered. Macy talked to the Wal-Mart in her college town and they wouldn't let her order them there without having a new evaluation, which was fine but they wouldn't let me give my debit card information over the phone. Anyway, I told her to just clean her contacts...she did and they were fine for awhile. Well, she called yesterday and said there was actually a hole in one of her contacts. So, we were trying to figure how to get her the contacts the quickest way. She's wearing her glasses for now. All the sudden, a flashback came to my mind. I can't believe I didn't remember until yesterday because the memory was so clear. I remembered that the last time I went to the eye doctor, I got a new prescription and gave Macy my old box of contacts that were her prescription. I put them on the stairs and she informed me that she had a million contacts and didn't need anymore. Anyway, that was about a year ago. Well, after I remembered this, I just asked God to please show me where those contacts were because in Macy's room, they could be anywhere. So, up I go into Macy's room and the first place I go to was her bedside table. I open what I could of her top drawer and the very first place I looked, THERE THEY WERE!!! That box of contacts!!!! Seriously, it was just God who placed that memory in my head and then He led me straight to that drawer. That is the first time I have ever looked in that drawer when I'm trying to find something. I usually go to her dresser and can't get the drawer open and give up. Anyway, I just love it that God speaks even in the small things!

See them off to the right?!

That May May!!! I tell ya, I am SO tempted to go up in her room and ORGANIZE. Life is just easier when you know what's in your drawers. This whole time (for a year), she's had her own prescription contacts right there.

I just had to add this picture because I thought it was cute. :) Shanny's got this plaque outside her door. :) Mar LOVES him some football!! He just loves football season. All we did last Sat. was watch football, the Hogs and then LSU. It was gorgeous outside so we opened the windows (we were at mom and dad's...we don't have cable). Meanwhile, my camera has been taking hazy pictures. It's so strange. I have no idea why but I know I need a new camera ASAP. The one I really want that takes great pictures is a Canon and doesn't have date imprint. I HAVE to have date imprint....otherwise, I'll have no idea when a picture was taken and I need to know those things, especially with Rosebud. I can look back on any picture and look at the date and know how old everyone is, etc. Good thing I have a ton of Best Buy gift cards. :) More later!

I just posted this to my recipe blog instead of this one. :s
Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Lauren said…
God sure does care about even the simpliest of details!!!! :)
Heather,
Even though your pics won't come out with a date stamp, the camera will tell you when the pic was taken. The files saves all the details, and you can see it on your computer. You go to your pic, right click, and choose details (not sure if that is a little different on a MAC). Anyway, you won't have the date stamp, but all the info is there in the pic file.
Marlos ACE said…
LOVE that! God is so good : )