Thanksgiving and Turkey Trottin'

I always love the weekend after Thanksgiving. Our family always has so much fun. This is what our schedule looked like this year:

Friday: Lunch with the girls/guys play in the Granny's Cup family golf tournament
Shopping
Turkey Trot dance

Saturday: Granny Walk with the girls/ guys play football
Lunch at mom's
Watch LSU/AR game

I always love spending time with my extended family. I have to say..my family is FUN!!! I love it! We went over to mom and dad's house on Thanksgiving day this year. We had a much smaller group than usual but it was still great! I think there were 13 of us.
034.JPG
I think this picture is so cute of May and Charlie Bear. She was getting ready to get one of the hot dishes I made to bring to Nana's house. :) 040.JPG
I made Paula Deen's Sweet Potato Bake (DELICIOUS!) 041.JPG
And I made my hashbrown casserole that I make every year....it's SO good!!!
044.JPG
Mar mixed 3 different cheesecake recipes and seriously made the best cheesecake I have EVER tasted!! Everyone wanted his recipe. I am thankful for Mar for so many reasons....and one of the newest reasons is that he can cook!!! I always say that he is good at everything he does and it's true.
049.JPG
Sheldon, Sabrina, and Madie.
043.JPG
Mom and her best friend, Lynda. Lynda is an amazing counselor/life coach and author, too. She is also a great cheerleader/encourager!! We all love Lynda!!
048.JPG
Me and Mar. :) I have the best husband in the world!
046.JPG
Madie and Macy trying to touch their tongues to their noses. :)
037.JPG
The pretty table.
052.JPG
On Friday, we woke up and Mar headed to play golf while I went and walked on the treadmill (gotta walk off all that Thanksgiving food). After that, I picked up May and we headed to Copeland's for lunch to meet the girls. I really enjoyed talking and catching up with my cousins.
053.JPG
We had to sit at 2 different tables. After this, we (me and May) headed to the mall (yes, on Black Friday). It wasn't too bad. We found a parking place and had a good time. Shanny, Bee, and Abby met us there.
Turkey Trot line.jpg
And, here we all are at the Turkey Trot. Such fun times!!! Mar didn't come this year...he went to the PA game in Monticello with Phil and Pug. He actually wasn't there last year, either. He had the stomach virus. Next year, he's going to have to be there. I missed him!
069.JPG
How cute are these kids?! Adorable! Molly and Logan will be married in 40 days!!! YAY!!
081.JPG
YMCA
025.JPG
And Pam brought us 10 Kahula cakes!!! OH MY GOSH, these cakes are the best cakes you will ever eat!! They are SUPER moist and delicious!!! I love them! Pam is so sweet! She was our neighbor when we were growing up in Fort Smith. We've gotten back in touch with her through Facebook and she is such a blessing. She drove down from Springdale to be a part of our Turkey Trot and she's coming for Christmas to shop with us. She is such a giving person. I just love her! On Saturday, I ate cake for EVERY meal....I'm not kidding. The weird thing is that cake sustained me all day long! :)
table laughing.jpg
On Saturday, after the Granny Walk (that I didn't go on this year....I was just too worn out), everyone headed over to mom's to eat lunch..Whole Hog Cafe...YUM! Of course, I was too full from eating Kahula cake so I only had one bite. We were all supposed to watch the LSU/AR game together but it started at 6:00 pm so almost everyone went home (or to Christi and Lawson's) to watch the game. We stayed at mom and dad's.
003.JPG
Holly and I both married Lousiana men!! We are so smart! :) Actually, maybe they're the smart ones for marrying Arkansas women!!! :)
016.JPG
We had a little shower for Molly and Logan after we ate. Here they are with some of the bridesmaids.
015.JPG
Some of the fam watching Molly and Logan open presents.
Mar and me at mom's.jpg
Watching the happy couple open presents.
017.JPG
Mom and Dad's house has always had a ton of cars in front of it. :) I love it!
025.JPG
Here is my aunt Sandra telling Rosie a story. Sandra is one of the sweetest people I know. She is one of those women who has a quiet and gentle spirit. I can't even begin to understand what it would be like to naturally be this way. I was telling Lamar it must be so easy for her to be a "good" Christian. I know no one is perfect but she seriously seems to do no wrong. She helps others all the time with a kind spirit, she had breast cancer last year and never complained, she even has one of those voices that is quiet and gentle. I'm fiesty and I think even if I spent time in the Word 24/7, I still wouldn't be like her. I'm sure she has her own stuff to deal with but she doesn't seem to ever have to fight impatience or being selfish (like I always do). She just constantly gives. She also really, really, really loves the Lord and trusts Him with everything. Rosie adored her instantly and Rosie takes a long time to get used to people. She even said Sandra was her #1 best friend and Hadoo (me) was now her #2 best friend. I told Rosie she couldn't choose her #1 best friend and I would always be her #1 best friend but that she could choose her #2 best friend! HA! :) Of course, I was only teasing (kind of). :)

This morning, I met my sweet friend, Tammy, and we went walking. I have been walking a lot lately (eating cake for every meal will motivate you to exercise). I always walk with Lamar or another friend so it's fun. If I can't walk with a friend, I go to the A. Club and walk on the treadmill while watching HGTV. It makes the walk go by so much faster. Tonight I have NLR Bible study. I love those girls...we always have lots of fun. Maybe I'll bring the rest of my Godiva Kahlua cake where I won't be tempted to eat the rest of it. :) Well, I'm off to shower and then Chick-fil-A with Mar for lunch! Let me tell ya, if you haven't tried their Chick-fil-A sauce, it's the BEST!! I didn't know about it until a few weeks ago and I'm hooked!!! YUMMY!!!

Hope everyone is fabulous today!!! More later! :)

Photobucket

Comments

Lauren said…
How fun!!!! What a wonderful weekend!!!!!! :)
OOHHH, the food looks so yummy!!