Big Cedar Lodge

Lamar and I went to Big Cedar Lodge for Valentine's Day weekend. That place is SO beautiful! Some super generous and nice people gave us a $1000 gift card! YEP, ONE THOUSAND dollars! I was shocked when I opened it and so grateful!!! What a wonderful gift!!!! On the way, I ran into a little rock and got a flat tire.  We saw the rock on the way back home and saw a sign beside it that said, "Falling Rocks".  It's a good thing we had run flat tires.  We learned a thing or two about run flat tires through our flat. First, cars with run flat tires do not have a spare in the car.  Second, the reason cars with run flat tires don't carry a spare is because the owner is not allowed to put on his own tire or the warranty is null and void.  Also, run flat tires are the only type of tire allowed on the car.  You can't even buy all new tires unless they are run flat because they won't work.  The good news is that run flat tires will run on a flat for 150 miles as long as you don't go over 50 mph.  That tire looked like there was no way it would drive but it did...for 60 miles!!! The tire had a huge hole in it and drove! Crazy! Another thing we learned about run flat tires is that they are hard to find.  The closest place that carried them was 90 miles away from where we were so the Honda people sent 2 different people to us the next evening.  One to deliver the tire and one to change the tire....all free of charge! :) The bad news was that we couldn't go anywhere all weekend. The people didn't come until 8:00 pm Saturday night. BUT, if you have to be stuck somewhere, this is the place to be stuck.  It was beautiful. See for yourself: 
Our room....look at the pretty view from our balcony.
Fireplace
I love how rustic this place is. The window is the bathroom window and has a Jacuzzi underneath it.
Bathroom
Jacuzzi
Cute basket in the bathroom.
Pretty view.
We had room service delivered all weekend and ate in bed.  It was nice. 

See the beaver!
I thought he was so cute.  It was fun watching him.

I've been at Lamar's office the last 2 weeks. I worked there week before last assisting and then last week, we were having our floors installed so I went to the office then, too.  We have one more day of floor installation and then it will be through.  Lamar was supposed to install the floors but that's another story for another day. :)  I am having an IC flare right now (started yesterday morning) and it's no fun at all and very painful.  I'm really thankful that my last flare was 2 years ago and before that it had been a year.  I felt like I was probably completely healed but obviously that's not the case.  Usually my flares last a week and then I'm back to normal so hopefully just a few more days of this. While I'm having a flare, I have to watch everything I put into my mouth, including bottled water (I have to make sure the PH level is more alkaline than acidic).  Lamar is making me homemade bread right now and he already made me homemade vanilla ice cream. Those 2 things are on the list of things I can eat.  I gave up chocolate for Lent and haven't even been tempted! I can't believe it! I thought I'd be getting a bad headache and be very tempted but that hasn't happened at all! I haven't had chocolate since last Tuesday and am surprisingly still alive! HA! :)  Chocolate is one of the worst things for IC so it worked out good that I gave it up.  :) Well, I'm going to go do my So Long Insecurity discussion questions. Great book, great study!!!

Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Stacey said…
What a beautiful place. I am jealous!
I said I was giving up coke, but it didn't last.
Nancy Hamilton said…
sister! that's a great book! i love you! :)"