To the moon and back INFINITY....19 years!!!


I cannot believe it....my baby girl will be 19 tomorrow!! NINETEEN!! Where did the time go??? I was 19 when I had her and now she's that age.  Tomorrow is the first birthday that I won't be with her on her actual birthday. She's away at college and I can't go see her because I'm working for Lamar.  We'll be sure and celebrate ASAP, though! I'm staying awake until 12:00 where I can be the first to with her Happy Birthday on Facebook and Mar and I will call her and sing Happy Birthday, too.  I've been looking at pictures and listening to my song to her, "I love you always forever" by Donna Lewis and thinking about how fast time goes by. My little baby has turned into a young woman and a young godly woman at that.  I am so thankful for her!!!
 
This was her newborn baby picture at the hospital.  It's the only picture I've ever seen of a baby SMILING!! :) SO cute!!

My little sunshine. 

HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! Macy was the happiest baby from day 1! She was SO easy and always smiling and laughing! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this picture! Look how cuddley she was! :)

After Macy was born, we lived in Siloam Spring for about 2 months and then we lived to Little Rock for the summer.  After that we moved to Fayetteville for a year.  We lived in a little townhouse in Lawson square.  Macy entertained all my friends! We had so much fun playing with her. She was the flower girl in all my friends' weddings.  
A year old...living in Fayetteville.  I'll never forget that navy blue carpet! :) I'll also never forget that precious baby girl learning to crawl, walk, talk, SING, and dance. I remember one day I heard a loud thump upstairs coming from Macy's room (she was taking a nap in her crib). I RAN upstairs and there she was smiling at me real big standing on her floor. I still think an angel caught her fall and had her land standing up.

My sweet Barney loving 2 year old. :)
I have always loved this picture! Macy is 3 and has a Band-aid on her knee and chipped painted fingernails. :) We lived in Williamsburg apartments in LR at the time.  
 
Macy and I loved to sit on this porch swing that was on our porch in our first house on Point West Drive.  LOTS of memories in this house.  Macy's best friend in the whole world lived across the street and they played together every single day.  There were kids all over the neighborhood...it was so much fun!

Macy loved these boots and wore them with anything and everything! I remember we went to Disney World and she only wanted to wear these boots.  She loved those shoes so much!!!

:) Cutie! She was playing "Kroger" in this picture.

May May LOVED this cat. We got her in Nebraska.  I let Macy choose a name for her...she chose Learner because she learned so fast.  That cat was the best cat.  She was so smart. She looked both ways before she crossed the street...I kid you not!!! It was so funny!!! I'm a dog person through and through but Learner made me appreciate cats...she was more like a dog...cuddley and loyal.

Macy with her "My Twin" doll that Nana got her for Christmas.  After I married Lamar, Ellie told Macy a scary story about dolls (what are sisters for anyway?) and Macy was forever more scared of her My Twin doll.  The last time I saw this doll was years ago.  Her head was detached from her body and she had chew bites all over her. Looks like Charlie Bear was scared of her, too! 
 
Macy after a dance recital in LR. 

Macy loses a tooth. :)

My dancing girl turned into a softball girl! :) I knew absolutely nothing about the game at all.  That's what happens when a girly girl has a tomboy! :) Macy was great at softball and I ended up LOVING the game! We moved to Louisiana in 1999.  This is at the Tim McGraw sports complex.  He's from the little town that we lived in there. 


My baby is a teenager!!! Here she is with my professor's orange dog!! HA! :) He colored him for Halloween.
We moved back to LR after being in LA 6 1/2 years.  This is one of my very favorite pictures.  Charlie Bear was Macy's first friend in Louisiana and is still with us.  A dog is a man's best friend! :)

Pretty girl! May May went to prom in 9th grade with her cousins! HA! :)

Growing up fast!

How can she already be a SENIOR?!

Baccaleurate

At the airport dropping Macy off to go to AFRICA!! This was her second mission trip out of the country. She went to Mexico another year and also to CA and witnessed to people on the beach. She said CA was much harder than Mexico.  My baby girl has a love for the mission field.  I wouldn't be surprised if she lived out of the country one day. I hope not, though. :( That's too far for this mama and I want to be close to my grandchildren.

Taking my baby to COLLEGE!!!

Well, it's now midnight.  May May is 19 years old. Mar and I called and sang Happy Birthday to her. :) I am SO proud of my sweet baby girl!!! She has so many amazing qualities that I admire. May has a huge heart for people, children, and animals.  She loves her friends like nobody you've ever seen.  Sometimes I get upset with her because I think she puts up with too much but once someone is friends with Macy, she will ALWAYS be there. That loyalty is such a great quality.  She also loves children so much. She has always loved babysitting and volunteers for Upward Basketball and other things where there are children. Last year she worked with the 4 year olds on Sundays before going to church. What 18 year old do you know that sacrifices sleep to go help at church with no pay?! She LOVES kids...I hope she has at least 10! :) May May also loves animals. I remember when Mar and I were first married, Macy brought a cat home one Halloween.  Mar looked at me in disbelief and said, "Does she always just bring animals home?". HA! :)  Well, pretty much ,YES! That girl has even been the proud owner of a raccoon!! YES, a raccoon! And just last week she was keeping a stray dog in her dorm.  Fortunately, the dog is now gone.  I kept thinking, "I hope she doesn't get kicked out of school".  Macy also loves to laugh.  She has a great sense of humor. She has always enjoyed my little mishaps in life...she thinks it's hilarious when I fall, run into something, or make a grammatical error, such as "Does she speak American".  Remember that, May May?! HA! :) She thinks it's so funny when I don't know some fact, which happens quite a bit.  Macy is so much fun to laugh with! I'm so glad she has a sense of humor...that is my favorite characteristic in someone.  Macy also forgives QUICK! Quicker than I do.  This is Mama Bear here!! Don't mess with my cub! :) I will forgive but when someone hurts my child, I have to work harder at it.  Macy is quick to remind me that I need to forgive someone who has offended her. May May has a love for the Bible.  I rarely go up to her room because it makes me too mad (you've never seen such a mess). When she was in 9th grade, I gave the battle up about her room. It just wasn't worth it to me anymore.  She cleaned up after herself everywhere else in the house so I just let her keep a messy room but decided I'd never go up there. Well, one day I had to go up there for something and saw Bible verses all over her room.  Her room may have been messy but I tell you one thing, I was NOT mad that day. My cup was overflowing!!!  I am so proud of my baby girl! The Lord blessed my socks off when he gave me Macy! The Lord is a God of such grace.  My story is proof....Macy is proof. Thank you, Lord, for such a precious gift!

"I have no greater joy than to hear my children are walking in the truth". 3 John 1:4

Comments

I am about to cry! This is so sweet! You are a wonderful mother!
Lauren said…
Soooo beautiful…. Hope she has a wonderful birthday!!! :)
Lauren said…
Soooo beautiful…. Hope she has a wonderful birthday!!! :)
You seriously do not look anywhere close to having a 19 year old! What is your secret!