Valentine's Day has always been my favorite holiday! I just LOVE it!!! I love all the colors, the chocolate, and it being a holiday about love.  Well, Lamar and I were in a fight yesterday on Valetine's Day.  Actually, we were in a fight all weekend and are STILL in a fight.  My heart is not the same when things aren't right between us.  I REALLY tried hard to not feel sorry for myself yesterday when I got on Facebook and saw all the great things all the husbands were doing for their wives.  Driving home from Big Cedar yesterday, I started thinking about widows and how God is their husband and how they have the best husband ever. That got me thinking that God could be my Valentine. After all, He is perfect and loves me even when I'm bad.  He knows me better than I know myself and He loves me no matter what!!! Well, right about the time I started thinking that, it started snowing!! :) I thought, "WOW, a man may be able to give chocolate and roses on Valentine's Day but God can give SNOW!!!! I felt so loved.  Then, when I got home, it started snowing big flakes! I love snow!! I have seen more snow this winter than I have in my whole life combined. I just love it! Macy was home when I got back.  I ended up telling her that Lamar and I were in a fight and I hadn't even heard the words, Happy Valentine's Day (obviously feeling sorry for myself), so she said, "Let's go see Dear John".  HA! :) I said, "ABSOLUTELY!". I had no idea that she had a study guide due and had planned on working on it during that time. She gave up doing that to be my Valentine.  It meant so much to me.  Then, when we got home, she said she was going back to school and I said goobye to her.  I then went upstairs to walk on the treadmill.  After I had been walking 20 minutes, Macy pops into the room with Godiva chocolate for me! :) She knows how much I LOVE Godiva but I haven't actually had Godiva chocolate in years! I'm giving up chocolate for Lent so I have today and tomorrow left to enjoy chocolate and you better believe I'll be enjoying that Godiva! :) Macy was so thoughtful.  I sure do love that girl! God used her to make my Valentine's extra special and He also gave me snow!!! Yesterday will be a Valentine's Day I'll never forget. :) 

I just have to add more thing about May May.  We were talking yesterday and she told me that she had gotten a lot of money lately because of her birthday and Valentine's Day. Then she started telling me about how she was going by a restaurant the other day and saw 2 older couples eating inside. She decided to go in that restaurant and pay for their meal!!! She walked in and told one of the men that she wanted to buy those 4 people their meal and not to tell them who it was from. The guy looked at her like she was crazy and said, "Okay" and smiled.  He then found their waiter and he brought Macy their ticket and she paid for them! I bet they would have been surprised that a college teenager bought their meal! :) She blessed them and I am so proud of her!! I am thankful that she has such a giving heart!!!   
Posted by Picasa
Photobucket

Comments

Lauren said…
This post really blessed me!!!! Thank you :)
I hope things are better today! I appreciate your honesty; life isn't always wonderful and it is good to be real and let people know that it's ok! I wish I knew Macy better, she seems so amazing!
Becky said…
I hate to hear that you and Lamar aren't getting along,you need to quit now,give him a big smooch,and forgive one another just as He forgives you. You two are two peas in a pod,jack and jill, forrest and gump,your together. Don't know what the fussin is about,but we need to see your smiley faces again.
Your daughter is amazing,what a big heart she has for others.
noel said…
macy is the best! wow! happy valentine's day heather :)