Love my Girls!

I'm about to say goodbye to my fun convertible.  I actually don't drive it much. I drive my Honda Odyssey.  My friends always laugh at me because I'd much rather drive my van than my nice convertible.  It's just so much more convenient.  Now on beautiful days, I'll take the convertible!!! :) Lamar has been talking to car dealerships all day trying to find a good trade in for my sweet little car. Actually, Lamar is the one who has ended up driving my convertible that he bought me 5 years ago.  He just wants something cheap to drive a couple of miles to and from work. He drove to Dallas from Monroe to pick me up this car.  The Dallas dealer bought him a one way airline ticket to Dallas and Lamar drove my Audi back to Monroe.  He did it all in one day. I have loved having a convertible....before this one, I had a BMW convertible for a couple of years (I loved it but it was WAY too small) so I've been driving convertibles for 7 years.  And, I had 2 convertibles when I was younger...I had a Corvair convertible...it was an antique that scared me to death because it died all the time.  My dad bought it for me for my 16th birthday.  We sold it pretty quick because it just wasn't safe.  A few years later, I totaled my Honda Accord (scary!) and decided to get a Pontiac Sunbird convertible with the insurance money.  That car was pretty junky but I was 21 and it was a convertible so that was all that mattered! HA! :) I remember Macy being 2 years old and me putting her in the backseat in her carseat in that convertible. Looking back, I can't believe I did that! I remember people giving me dirty looks.  I would NEVER in a million years put a 2 year old in a convertible now!!! I guess when you have a baby when you're a baby yourself, you sometimes don't make the wisest decisions.  Anyway, it will be sad when it's beautiful outside to not be able to grab a convertible.   


Aren't girlfriends the best?! I LOVE my friends! I don't know where I'd be in life without them. My sweet sista friend, Calli, and I have been friends since we were little girls. I call her "sista" because she's my soul sista. We always have FUN together!!! I love her. She has laughed, cried, and prayed with me.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these girls, too!! This is my NLR Bible study group.  You will never find girls who are more real than these girls and that will love you no matter what!!! I hope every girl out there has friends like these. I am truly truly blessed!!!! This picture was taken at a surprise party we had for Alicia (the girl in the black holding the baby in the middle) the other night at US Pizza.  The girl on the far right holding the baby is my friend, Heather. We've been friends since we were 11 and 12.  She's like a family member!! I love her so so much and don't know if anyone on the planet knows me as well as she does.  She makes me laugh hysterically! I love her so much!!! If it wasn't for her, I would have never gotten into the NLR group.  She introduced me to all these amazing women (except for my sweet little sister, Hannah, who is standing behind me in the blue). Heather has 7 kids....6 adopted and one that she birthed.  She has a love for babies like none I've ever seen before.  One of her children has cerebral palsy and Heather has been so good with her. I don't know how that girl does it!!! She's amazing.  I'm so thankful for her! She has a huge heart and has loved me through thick and thin!

Well, I took myself off of the Atarax that I was on for my IC.  It was making me like a zombie! I could hardly function. It was making me sleep so restless and then I couldn't get up in the morning. I woke up in a panic the other night because I dreamed I was falling off a mountain.  My heart was racing. It's an antihistamine kind of like Bendryl which does that same thing to me...makes me hyper instead of sleep. I cannot stand that feeling.  Anyway, I didn't take it last night and was able to get up this morning.  I had my 2nd IC treatment on Wed....I have 4 more to go. I think I'm getting better.  YAY!! Thank you, Lord! The best thing is that I'm able to eat chocolate again and believe me, I'm eating A LOT of it!!! :) Well, I think I'm going to take Charlie Bear outside. It's a gorgeous day and there's still about an hour of sunlight left...maybe more.  I'm going to go enjoy it.  Happy weekend!!!!
Photobucket

Comments

Lauren said…
So fun!!! Great girlfriends are the best!!!! :)

So sad about the convertible :(
Jill said…
Thank you for the recipe...I'm so going to make me those brownies and eat the entire pan. HA!

I've never had a convertible, but one would be awesome on a day like today!

I can't believe you know Kerri. She's my S-I-L...she is married to my oldest brother! Small world!!

I got the cake carrier from Shoppes on Woodlawn in LR. It's by Dept 56.