My dad is the best dad ever!! (Father's Day)

Let me just start by saying that I have the best dad in the whole world! I really do! I am so proud to be his daughter! I cannot even begin to tell you how many times different people have come up to me and told me that my dad is the nicest man they have ever met.  People love my dad because he is humble and kind.  He loves the Lord with all his heart, soul, and mind, too.  He loves fun and always made sure we had lots of it growing up. We had all kinds of fun things like go carts, unicycles, a ping pong table and a pinball machine, LOTS of animals (gerbils, ducks, geese, birds, and dogs), and he always made sure we went on family vacations.  He made sure we saw Disney World and saw the Colorado mountains and learned to ski.  My mom, of course, contributed to the fun! Behind every good man is a good woman.  It was also very important to my dad that we knew all about Jesus.  I have memories from a very young age of my dad reading us Bible verses and having us memorize verses.  He also had a little record player with pictures that he played Bible stories on.  When I was a little older, he took us to Christian family camps where we all spent time together doing things as a family like water skiing, etc.  He sent us to Kanakuk camps and made us minor in Bible...ha! :) He also didn't let us watch things on TV that would pollute our minds...we were allowed to watch shows like the Cosby Show and Little House on the Prairie (I snuck and watched soap operas, which were so bad for me!!!).  My dad was also very particular about any guys that we may have been interested in. I hated it when I was a teenager but now I feel so loved by his protection.  He wasn't strict in other ways...just with guys.  He always said, "I was a young teenage boy once and I do not trust them!"  He was so right!! HAAAAA!!!! :) My dad has not just talked the talk but he has walked the walk.  He has shown us how to love the Lord through the way he lives his life.  He spends time every single morning with the Lord.  He prays all day long.  Jesus is his best friend.  I am so blessed to have him and don't know how in the world I got him for a dad but I sure am thankful!! One love that I have gotten from my dad is photography.  He made scrapbooks growing up and took lots of pictures. When I was little, he had a nice camera and all the fun photography equipment so we were able to develop our own pictures in our bathroom.  He never once said that I couldn't do it, even at the age of 8...he encouraged me and showed me how to use the camera.  He also got a video camera way back in the day and took it to all our functions.  Back then, video recorders were HEAVY and the only people who had them were TV stations so people always thought he was with the news station.  It was worth it to him to carry around that heavy equipment where we could have lifetime memories on video.   One thing I love about my dad is that he has always seemed to love me and like me. I never felt unloved or even unliked (if that's a word) by him.  He has made me know how much my Father in heaven loves me.  I am SO thankful for my sweet dad!!! I seriously can't imagine a better one!
Dad and his girls! :)
 
Happy Father's Day, Mar! :) Mar's girls sent him beautiful chocolate covered strawberries.
 
YUM!!! They ordered these from Shari's Berries.
 
Funny card from funny girls!! They know their daddy well! :)
 
I got Mar football books, a ton of Dove dark chocolate and a LOT of glasses!!! If I had a nickel for every time Mar said to me, "I can't find my glasses, Where are my glasses? I just had my glasses and can't seem to find them" I'd be a rich woman! :) I was talking to a friend today and she told me they had reading glasses at the $1 store.  I'll be going there and loading up! :)


Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

Comments