And we're on our way back home.....


*I wrote this last night (on Word) on the 18th but am just posting it. 

I’m on our flight right now home back to LR (our flight is only 1 hr. 35 minutes non-stop…now that’s my kind of flight). Our stewardess was SO funny doing her little demonstration. Mar and I laughed the whole time and then “woo-hoo’d” at the end and clapped! She was adorable! She reminded me of Kathryn if she were a stewardess.  We told her afterward how much we loved her performance and she said she loves to entertain people. Mar and I were the only people who cheered! People probably think we’re so obnoxious! 
This has been a fun day.  We woke up early, as usual, but it was the best night of sleep we had all week.  I love having a lot of time to get ready in the morning….just no rushing. I can get up, spend as much time with the Lord as I want, talk to Mar, take long showers, clean up, etc. This whole week has been this way and I want it to continue back home. We’ll see. I’m usually a lot more tired at home because I’m not on big doses of cortisone. Anyway, I got the condo all clean and we checked out at 10:00. Our flight didn’t leave until 7:35 pm so we had all day to just do whatever and of course, that whatever would be heading to the Cheesecake Factory!!!  
Pretty mountains on the way to Denver.


I have been looking forward to eating there all week, even with no appetite (well, until yesterday), I knew I would love it, and I was NOT disappointed!!! Matter of fact, it was the best meal I’ve had ever at the CF!!! Hope and Alex recommended trying the fried macaroni and cheese and man, were they good!! Mar didn’t eat one but I did.  And, the dark bread with real butter…TO DIE FOR. My chicken was great, too, but the cherry on the top was the RED VELVET CHEESECAKE!! Seriously, I think it was the best thing I have ever eaten! I had some last year in Dallas (on sister trip), too, and felt the same way. I bought the frozen kind from Sam’s (Cheesecake Factory brand) and it was good but not this good!! Mar got the steak and it came with fries and onion rings. He did not eat them but I tried them and even they were delicious! Is there anything bad at that place???!!! I think not!! Mar actually did eat one onion ring after I tried one and told him how good it was. Then, when I got my red velvet cheesecake, I asked him to just try one bite of my very favorite dessert and he LOVED it and ate half of it.  He’s not even a red velvet fan but he sure did like that!!! Whey we were eating, Trey called Mar and they talked some and Macy called me and we talked some.  The Cheesecake Factory was in a place called the 16th Street Mall and it was a really neat place. It was a neat experience that I’ve never had before. The mall was all down a street and everything was outside.  There were different people on every street corners playing different instruments…the guitar, xylophone (didn’t know they had adult versions of these), flute, and saxophone and there was a singer, too.  It was also gorgeous outside….54 degrees in Denver!! It felt like 70, though. Just a beautiful day to walk around.  
I saw a Pinkberry for the first time and wanted to try it but I was so stuffed from all the Cheesecake Factory that I couldn’t.  There was a neat outdoor store across the street from the CF that had every kind of Ugg imaginable…ones I’ve never even seen online. I got Mar a new wallet in that store…he really needed one. Other than that, we really didn’t go in any stores (other than Rite Aid for water)……just walked and enjoyed the day.  We were both EXTREMELY thirsty today for some reason and drank a TON of water.   Our throats were parched all day…the driest my throat has ever felt.  I had a Snickers at the airport a little while ago and after that, my throat was no longer dry…what do ya know…I just needed some chocolate!! :) My appetite is DEFINITELY back!! 
Anyway, after we strolled the streets, we headed back to our car and went to the airport to return our rental car.  We used Enterprise and I’m not kidding…BEST SERVICE we’ve EVER had!! I will always use them…at least if I’m in Denver.  It was the easiest return and the people were so nice!! Then, we headed to the actual airport where we checked in a few hours early and the we just hung out.  I was SO glad to NOT have to go through the scanner!! YAY! :) While we were at the airport, Molly called me, which made me feel great! She just called to tell me she went on a walk and it made her feel great and that she thought of me. It made my day to have my sweet niece call me! :) She got to hear the baby’s heartbeat again today. :) She’s so excited and will be a GREAT mom!! I can’t wait to meet baby Bloom. I got Munchie (Ban) a little present at the airport because even though he’s only 8 months, I can’t get Rosy something and not him.  What kind of aunt would I be if I did that?! And that brings us to now….on the plane and headed home (the captain just said our flight is going to land 10 mins early :)). I’m excited to see May May, Charlie, and Reg when we walk in the door and am excited to see the rest of the family tomorrow.  CANNOT wait to hug Rosy’s and Munch’s necks! I can tell that my cortisone is not working like it was and hope I’m not completely crashed tomorrow. I’m not going to take any tonight where I can sleep the whole night and then I’ll gradually taper it off through the next few days.  This trip was such a great spiritual time with the Lord for both Mar and me.  I had wonderful moments with Him and want to make sure that doesn’t get lost once I get back home to my regular routine.  I spend time with the Lord every day but this was different.  This was a lot more time with the Lord….even through the night when I’d wake up and it made such a difference.  Mar spent so much time with the Lord, too….even more than I did.  He said he wanted to make sure and stick with it when he gets back, too, but he already wakes up every morning and has a LONG quiet time  (almost 2 hours every morning) but this was different for him.  Anytime we weren’t out doing something and just in our condo, he was in the Word.  That’s what he’s doing right now as I’m writing this….studying his Bible.  This trip has been FANTASTIC!! The best trip I’ve taken. We didn’t know if we were for sure going to go on this trip until one week before. It had been planned (and paid for) for months but Mar’s dad was in the hospital (still is, actually, but MUCH better) and we didn’t know how he was going to do and there were other circumstances, so we just didn’t know. WE didn’t reserve our flight until the week before. I told God that I really wanted to go but that I trusted Him in whatever happened. Isn’t he good to let us go? He loves us just like we love our children and wants us to have the things we desire but it’s so important to obey Him AND thank Him!! He does so much for us and seriously, the more time I spend talking to Him and getting to know Him, the more I see it!! It’s such a treasure and I don’t want anything to get in the way of that. Life is just better with Him!!! We are our own worst enemies so much of the time.  We know we should turn to Him first but we try to fill our Jesus shaped hole with anything and everything that will never fit.  He’s the only One who can fill that hole and when you let Him, life is good (even in the struggles).  I’m going to write a blog soon about my somewhat “relapse” from 4 years without TV (other than football games) and how that effected me.  I’m back on the wagon, though! HA! HA! :) Well, I guess that’s it for our trip!! It was absolutely fantastic!! THANK YOU, LORD!!! :)

Photobucket

Comments