Dog Sledding/Snowmobiling...AWESOME DAY!! :)

Mar and I had a great day of dog sledding and snowmobiling in Breckenridge.
This morning is was dog sledding (or I guess the official name is "mushing").
And this afternoon, it was snowmobiling. :) 
We woke up early this morning to a winter wonderland! It was just GORGEOUS outside!! VERY cold and snowy.  It was nice to see Colorado in it's true form. :)  Here's our daily self timer pix. There were men standing on the slopes that thought our condo was there's.  They were about to come in! I'm so glad we came out when we did. They were really nice people, though, and are above us...they just thought our door was their door.
Pretty snow and big flakes!! It was so nice to walk in powdery snow after walking on ice all week.
Mar :) 
We made it to Good Times Snow Adventures by 9:30 to start our dog sledding at 10:00. On the drive there, Mar spilled his water all over him. He was sitting in a big puddle.  While he was trying to dry off, we slid all over the road. :s
The dogs were so so pretty!!! There were 8 dogs per sled.  
Mar loved the dogs! So did I! Macy LOVES Siberian Huskies and I thought of her the whole time.
Such pretty dogs and pretty snow. These dogs are so funny...they "talk" and when they do, they sound like birds.
Mar petting the dogs.
And, we're off! Mar drove first and then I drove.  I took this picture while I was behind Mar standing on the brakes. The dogs love to play in the snow when you stop.  They went faster than what you'd imagine. It was fun!!!
While we weren't taking turns being driver and passenger, we were in a sled with a guide, and 3 other people...one of the three was a man who worked there and was on his day off taking his mom and 83 year old grandmother.  He took pictures of Mar and I and is going to send us some to my e-mail. I thought that was a blessing!! They were all so nice! How cool that an 83 year old woman is dog sledding!! That is her riding in the sled while her daughter is driving.  Right after this, Mar and I took over again and when it was my time to drive, I BUSTED!! We went around a corner and the sled tipped and I flew off like a rocket! LOL! It HURT!! I landed all my body weight on my right thigh.  The dogs kept pulling Mar on the sled and I thought for sure he was going to bust because they were going fast down a hill.  The guide was in front of us in a sleigh and stopped and told Mar not to panic! HA! Mar kept saying, "Are you there? Are you there?" to me and there was no answer.  I was 30 feet above! :) After that, I decided not to drive again!! It was a really fun experience, though, and definitely something I was glad we tried.  
After our dog sledding excursion, I really wanted some hot food. I was so cold so Mar and I headed out to our first restaurant of the week (other than Subway and the sleigh ride dinner) to the Brewery where we heard they had great burgers.  I got a burger and Mar got something healthy. Before we ate, I thought for sure we were going to have to cancel our reservations for snow mobiling because my leg hurt so bad and I was so exhausted, but after we ate, we decided to go back to our condo and see if we could recover.  We did! 
Oh, the hot chocolate tasted so good!! I wish I would have had Mar take a picture of me right after the dog sledding...there was mascara ALL over my face.  There was so much snow falling on us and the dogs ran into a tree, too, while Mar was driving and all the snow fell on me.  I was really wet! 
After we ate, we stopped by a place called Twisted Sisters (or something like that) and got this sign we saw in the window. I thought it was so cute! It says, "Princess Parking Only...All Others Will Be TOAD"  HA! HA! :)  Then, we hopped into our faithful hot tub and, low and behold, after that, I FELL ASLEEP!!! It was a 20 minute catnap but after we woke up, we were READY for snowmobiling and oh how glad we were we went!!!
We were so glad the snow cleared up because we really wanted to have good views on our snowmobiling excursion. We ran a little bit late because our good ole Honda Accord got stuck in our parking lot and we couldn't get out. Fortunately, we saw a snow cat clearing out our parking lot right in front of us while we were stuck and he came and snow catted for us where we could get out. That was a God thing for sure! We haven't seen a snow cat in our parking lot this whole time and right when we get stuck, he is right there! :) 
I only drove once and that was during the practice. It was so much fun!! It was like jet-skiing on snow!! I just LOVED it!!!! Mar ended up driving the whole time and I rode behind him as a passenger. It was SO beautiful!!! 
I was trying to get pictures while Mar was driving, of course.
We were with another family of about 5.
We stopped half way to the Continental Divide to stop and take a break and get pictures.
Our guide was a lady and she was SO nice!! She let Mar and I ride right behind her and go FAST!! At one point, on the way back, we went down such a steep hill so fast that it felt like a roller coaster. My stomach dropped.  It was SO MUCH FUN!!!
Beautiful mountains!!
I love lots of snow on trees!! It's one of my favorite sights.
SO SO PRETTY!!! I know I take a million pictures but I can't help myself and these aren't even close to being all of them.
We made it to the Continental Divide and it was probably the prettiest sight I have ever seen.  It took my breath away!! BEAUTIFUL!! I wish pictures could do justice to what our eyes saw.



Our guide told us that the snow was 40 inches deeper this time of year and that it was the most she had ever seen. She said that usually people can fit under this sign.  After this, I was too cold to take any more pictures...I didn't know that could happen.....but it turns out, it surely can. :) Mar was actually sweating because he had heated places for his hands and feet.  This snowmobiling excursion and our sleigh ride was the highlight of our trip for me. I just LOVED this!!! I liked the dog sledding, too, but the snowmobiling is just right up my alley and you get these beautiful views....AND I don't have to worry about falling off!!! :) After this, we went to Subway and then headed home to a WARM condo. I was so cold earlier that I turned both heating units all the way up where it would be warm we got home. I was chilled to the bone and it felt wonderful!! Then, I fell asleep again!! YAY!! I guess a full day of dog sledding and snowmobiling will take it out of you....well, that and windburn. :) Now, I'm doing laundry (I like packing clean clothes) and getting our condo ready to go home tomorrow.  Mar is listening to an IHOP teaching on my computer while I'm writing this.  Tomorrow, we're off to Denver. I'm sad to leave this place. It's been a great spiritual time and just awesome looking at God's beautiful creation! At the same time, it will be nice to get home to all our loved ones.  We miss them!!! Hopefully, I'll remember to write about our last day tomorrow night or Saturday after we get home, but I don't tend to blog as much at home.  I know we're going to the Cheesecake Factory tomorrow and that, my friends, is blogworthy (at least it is in my book!) :) I also am praying that I don't have to go through that full body scanner! UGH! I have been thinking about it and I'd rather go through the full body scanner than be groped up and down in front of everyone. That happened to my niece, who is pregnant, and she was so humiliated. SO, body scanner for me, it is...IF I have to! :s Hopefully not!!! 

This has been such a great vacation! I'm so glad God allowed us to go and see His beautiful mountains and His glorious creation!! I hope I'll one day get to see it all again. If not, I will in heaven and that will be even better. Hard to imagine!! 

More later! :) 

Photobucket

Comments