This, that, and the other

Today is actually Nov. 9, 2013. I'm going through my blog and publishing the drafts. Looks like I never finished this one but I still want it on my blog. I don't know the exact date this was written but know it was in March 2011. ;) 

There was a thunderstorm this morning that woke me up bright and early (around 5:30 am) so I've been getting things done around the house, such as laundry. I have a cold, too, so I'm not sleeping well anyway.  Both dogs are still asleep. :)  I saw the most adorable cell phone cover last week on someone's blog and decided to order me one. I look at my cell phone all throughout the day and I know having a cute cover like this will brighten my day every time I look at it.
I ordered the pink zebra with the brown monogram. I ordered from Layla Grace.
I take pictures more than anyone else I know. I have been taking pictures for as long as I remember. I just love capturing everything with photos.  I recently sold my DSLR because I just never used it. While it was a great camera, it was too heavy and big to lug around.  I've been using my Canon Powershot that I have loved but when I saw the quality of my friend Heather's camera, I knew I wanted a camera like hers.  I didn't get one right away but after I sold my DSLR, I wanted a little camera with better quality pictures. I ordered a camera exactly like hers but in red.  Well, when I got my Fed Ex package, the above picture is what the camera box looked like when I opened the package.  I knew immediately that it probably had been returned (the torn off sticker was a dead give away) and while I wasn't the most thrilled about that, I was okay with it as long as the camera worked. I put the battery in and the camera wouldn't turn on (usually camera come with a half charged battery) so I charged the battery and the charger wouldn't work. I then googled the place where I ordered the camera from and one review after another said this business was a scam and they send cameras that won't work and claim they are new (mine was supposed to be brand new). I ordered this camera from Amazon becuase they always do easy returns but they got it from a different business who got 5 stars on the Amazon reviews but when I googled it, not so. I called the business immediately and they were closed. I then wrote them an email and haven't heard back. I probably won't, either, since they don't respond according to most reviews and if you do send the camera back, they never refund your money but DO charge you a 20% restocking fee!! There was even a letter with my camera saying that if it didn't work, to call them and not leave negative reviews. That should have told me something right there. Yeserday, I took my camera to Heather's house and tried her working battery with my camera  and it didn't work. That company (which is actually just a one man operation) gave me a camera that they knew didn't work. I am not quite sure what I'm going to do about yet. I don't really want to mess with them or even say their name on here because they have my debit card number and I don't want them to steal money from me.  I also don't want to change the number because we have so many automatic withdrawals.  I will do it if I have to, though. I am thinking I'm going to take it to get repaired and give it to my sister because she really needs a good camera and this one takes GREAT pictures!! It's the Nikon Coolpix s8000.  They have 2 newer models out now and Lamar's friend told him that we would only get refurbished or returned cameras if we ordered one (this was after the fact) because when they get newer models, they quit making the older ones. SO, here's the camera I got and I LOVE it!!!
This is the newest model of the one that I ordered (Coolpix s9100).  It's got GREAT zoom and has a great no-stitch Panaroma shot.  The quality of the pictures are good, too, and it's got fun effects like this:
:) Love it!
You can set the camera to pick out any color you want...this was set to blue. You can also set it to green, purple, pink, orange, etc.  FUN!
The pictures are a lot clearer (and not as yellow) as my other camera. I REALLY like it!!!
These are pictures from the last few weeks. That Reg...I tell you, he is a MESS!! I need to write a blog post just about him and all the things he has done...it will be entitled Reggie and Me...like the movie Marley and Me...because Reg is certainly a mess!! He's getting fixed a week from today.  Hopefully, that will calm him down some.  


Photobucket

Comments