Marriage is one of the most wonderful things there is but sometimes it can also be really hard, especially if there are no walls up and there are two passionate people involved, like myself and Mar-e-doodle :). One thing I love about Lamar is that when he knows he messes up, he does things like this:
I love roses as much as the next girl but when there is Godiva involved, all is forgiven!! :)
I remember my mom telling me almost 12 years ago (that's how long Mar and I have been married in May) that one thing she really admired about Lamar is that he was teachable.  She was so right! He really listens and works on himself and our marriage.

*There are 2 dozen roses but in this picture, it only looks like there is a dozen. After I showed Mar this picture, he went and counted and there are 2 dozen but for some reason it only looks like 1 dozen in the picture. I'm going to have to take another picture. One dozen is fabulous but Mar got me 2 dozen and deserves credit for 2 dozen!! :)
Shanny, mom, and I had a spontaneous fun day on Thursday.  Mom and I met Shanny at her house for mom to help her decorate for a party she is having right now and I went over there to order all our stuff for "sister trip!" We are going to Lincoln, NE to hear Beth Moore and we are getting to volunteer again. I am so excited! AND, Dad is coming, too!! SUPER fun!! Anyway, I ordered our hotel, plane tickets, and LPL tickets and updated Shanny's iPhone. :) After that, we went to lunch at El Porton. It was a gorgeous day (the first one in awhile) so we ate outside. After that, we headed to Hobby Lobby and then went to a flea market on Rodney Parham that I didn't even know existed. I have been missing out!! It was so much fun in there!! Look at the things I found!! The mirror is leather and really big.....and was only $45!!! I kept saying, "They had to have messed up on the price!" but they didn't.  I also got the polka dotted chair that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE for cheap and the hand carved giraffe. I don't want to ever go look at furniture anywhere else unless I look there first. They had beautiful furniture for cheap. They also had things from the 70's that reminded me of being a little girl. Fun shopping!! After the flea market, we went to Sonic and introduced Mom to Happy Hour..she didn't know about it. :) I got a Sprite with vanilla (my FAVORITE) and an M&M blast with extra M&M's!! :) Mom didn't know about adding all the fun stuff to the drinks there like vanilla and cherry so she was happy to know about that.
I cut my own hair yesterday. Look how stringy is was!! Oh my goodness! I love long hair SOOOO much and wish I could keep mine REALLY REALLY long but I just can't.  By the time it gets really long, it turns into strings! I cut 5 inches off but as you can see, it was mostly strings!! I was going to have Mar cut it but as I was getting it ready, I put it in a really low ponytail and realized how easy it would be to just cut a few inches off and just went for it.  It was SUPER easy but that's because the ends were so stringy.  It's not perfectly even but it looks better than it did and Mar has evened it out for me a couple of times. :)  One day maybe we'll be able to replace all the brass in our bathroom. I would paint it but I just don't have the energy to do all of that and I don't know that it would stay even if I did.  Maybe brass will come back in style soon. :)
Rosy came over yesterday and I showed her the baby birds that had hatched.  She loved looking at them. I'm so glad she got to see them because when I woke up this morning and opened up the blinds to see the birds, this is what I found:
No babies!! I was so sad!! Mar said he thought a snake might have climbed up our wall and gotten them or that a crow may have gotten them. I looked up online and saw that baby birds usually leave the nest before they can fly and that the mama takes care of them on the ground.  Mar called his sister, Miriam, who is a bird lover and expert and she said she thought they were fine. She said usually after the birds fall from the nest, the mama will move them to a low bush and take care of them.  I was so relieved!! I was so upset when I opened the window and didn't see those baby birds. I have loved watching them grow..and they grow fast...like every single day you can see big changes.
I LOVE my Sunshine so so much!!! My friend, Heather, invited us to go see Annie at the Summit last night. The home school group put it on.  I picked up Rosy, took her to our house to see the birds, and then got ready.  While I was getting ready, I was complaining about a shirt that I had on and Rosy said, "Hadoo, I think you are ADORABLE!!!"  My heart melted!! How sweet is that???!! She said it SO dramatically, too! HA! HA! :) On the way to the play, we (Mar, May, Rosy, and I) were talking about the senses. I asked Rosy what her favorite senses were and when I got to "What's your favorite smell?" she said, "Probably you, Hadoo!" My goodness! She just made my night!! I asked her what her favorite thing to see was and she said, "Mommy". She is so precious!! I just love having a 5 year old around!! She knows more than I do about some things...that girl is smart. She was talking about chrysalis (and yes, I had to look up the spelling) yesterday. I had no idea what in the world that was and Mar told me it was a cocoon. When I asked Rosy if a chrysalis was the same thing as a cocoon she said, "Oh no, cocoon's are from moths and chrysalis are from butterflies." :) When we got to the play, there were no seats left at all. Heather was going to save us seats but there were none to save....so we stood up. Rosy sat on the stairs when we weren't holding her.  After about 20 minutes, Mar and I were ready to go (standing isn't as easy for us old people) but Macy and Rosy wanted to stay. So, Mar and I left and went to eat at Cheers in Maumelle (they had the BEST salmon salad!!) and then picked up Rosy and Macy right after intermission.  It was a cute play.  Macy knew a lot of people in it so she really liked it. She even knew the golden retriever that played Sandy. :)

Well, I need to go get on the exercise bike.  I didn't exercise yesterday and need to do it today.  I have hurt my knee again. I didn't exercise for 3 days last week so I overdid on Wed.  My knee was already hurting some but I ignored it and went and jogged on the treadmill and then did zumba right afterwards.  BOTH knees were killing me at the end of zumba. I even iced them for a little bit afterwards.  I haven't been able to exercise much since then.  Mar and I walked slowly over to mom and dad's a couple of days ago but it was a leisurely walk and I didn't even exert myself. I did do the bike after that so I got some exericse in.  Today is the first day that my knee hasn't hurt so I'm hoping that I will be good to go by Monday.  I REALLY wanted to go to zumba on Friday but didn't let myself. I knew I'd be in big trouble if I did.  Anyway, until Monday, I'm stuck doing the bike, which is REALLY boring to me.  Mar is going to read to me while I'm pedaling away, though. This is the book we got today and have already started reading:
We really like it so far! 

Happy almost Sunday!!!
More later ~

Photobucket

Posted by Picasa

Comments

Molly Bloom 1/9 said…
Love your blog!! I updated mine, I'm going to try to once a week! Xoxo
Marlos ACE said…
Great update!! YES, marriage is hard, but so sweet, as well. I love how the Lord uses everything for HIS glory!!