New life.....baby birds

A few weeks ago, I woke up a couple of mornings in a row to a scratching type noise that sounded like it was right by our bed.  I kept looking around to see if something was in our room, but there wasn't anything. I just assumed it was something outside the window....well, I was right!! It was a bird making a nest!! It has been so so neat to get to watch the whole process.  A "wink" from God. We literally have a bird's eye view of the whole process. :)
Such a pretty nest.
3 pretty blue eggs.
Rosy came over last Thursday to have a play date (I took her to Maggie Moo's, too). I loved being able to show her the bird's nest. She loved seeing the mama bird in the tree, too.
The very next morning, I looked out the window and 2 of the birds had hatched!!! SO NEAT!!! Look at the mama bird protecting her babies.

I don't know what happened to the third egg. It's no longer in the nest but I can't tell if there are 2 or 3 birds yet.  It looks like there is only 2 so I guess the mama bird got rid of the 3rd egg knowing that it wasn't going to hatch.
We get to watch the mama (and daddy) sit on the nest and feed them.  It has been so so neat!! I love watching the birds open their beaks. 
It has been so much fun to look out my window every morning and see the baby birds. They grow so fast. They already have gray fur and you can see their yellow beaks.  They have started chirping, too.  Here's a picture of the mama and daddy birds in the tree right outside the window. If one of them is not sitting on the nest, they can always be found close by. I sure hope we'll be blessed with another nest next year. I have LOVED this fun surprise!!!

We have had A LOT of bad weather this month....high winds, hail, and tornadoes. It has been neat to see how the nest hasn't had any damage. When I see how the nest has been protected, I can't help but think about the verse in the Bible that talks about God taking care of the birds and if He takes care of them, of course He'll take care of us!!!

"Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? "
Matthew 6:26


Photobucket

Comments