I am so behind on blogging. I love to blog where I'll rememeber things that have happened. I take pictures all the time because if I don't take a picture of something, I'll tend to forget it ever happened.  If it weren't for Facebook, I would blog a lot more but I put a million pictures on FB and write, write, write.  There is just something in me that has to take pictures and write.  Anyway, all that to say that Macy just got back from Africa and I really need to blog about her trip!! It was her second time to go.  She went two years ago, too.  Ellie and I have been looking at her pictures this morning. It's so neat to hear about what happened on her trip and the way the Lord used her group.  I need to do a whole blog post about that (and hopefully I really will) because her trip was really neat!!!
I have gained about 10 pounds in the last few months. I am estimating. I haven't weighed myself since February and refuse to do so. Last night, I had a dream (nightmare really) that I had to get on the scale and I had gained 27 pounds and I was so devastated and was sobbing!! So, this morning when I woke up, I got on my exercise bike first thing! I have still been exercising this summer but I haven't been doing my daily 4.3 mile power walks because it is too dad gum hot!!! I have been doing a lot of zumba and Just Dance on the Wii but it's not the same.  I LOVE yummy food so I HAVE to exercise or not indulge in all the yummy desserts that I tend to indulge in.  I realized this morning that if I am not as disciplined in one area that I'm probably not as disciplined in the others, too.  Like, for example, I am exercising less...probably 3 times a week on average instead of almost every day.  While I have been exercising less, I have been eating more (hence the weight gain). I have also noticed that when I exercise a lot, I indulge less in food.  I think it's because I'm more disciplined.  Who knows! What I do know is that all my "fat" clothes are tight and I need to get it together!!! Speaking of getting it together, we've been doing the Bible study Breaking Free and it is GREAT!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the videos!! The video last night was my favorite so far.  It was on breaking free from addictions. I could relate to every single word she said and had happy tears in my eyes the whole time because God is just SO SO good!! I just feel so loved by Him.  He has saved me from so many things!! I love our Breaking Free group.  We meet at Hope's house, which is a great setting......so warm and homey and our group is all women that I love!! Macy, Ellie, Abby, Madie, and Katelind are all doing it with us, which I love because it's so much family!!! Molly came last night for a little bit, too.
Ellie, May May, and Kara on the first night of our Breaking Free study.
Mar and I doing Just Dance. It's a great workout and lots of fun!!!

Ellie is living with us this summer!! We love it!! I don't know if I already wrote about that or not but I probably didn't since I haven't updated much. We love having Ellie here!! She is working at Mar's office and so is Macy.  It's been so much fun to get to spend so much time with Elle!! She will be going to college this fall at Louisiana Tech.  Macy has decided that she doesn't want to go back to Ouachita this fall.  She has wanted to go to AR Tech for awhile because all her close friends are there. She feels like she has a group there that will challenge her spiritually, SO, she has applied to Tech for the fall. We are going to look at a house that is for rent there tomorrow. God will have to open a lot of doors...like He will have to provide a roommate and Tech will have to let her live off campus but I totally trust Him with whatever happens.  We'll just see.
A couple of weeks ago, Mar asked Ellie if she wanted a piece of watermelon.  She said she did and this is what he gave her as her piece.....half the watermelon. HA! HA! :)

Wrote this post yesterday. I've been in Russellville all day looking at apartments/housing for Macy. I'm not going to proofread this....too tired. 
Happy Friday!! :) 
Photobucket

Comments

so glad you said this about breaking free. soooo encouraged! I just started Daniel but I am thinking about doing that next!!!