Wow, it's once again been such a long time since I've blogged! I wanted to write about my used (new to me) car that I got.  I absolutely LOVE it and feel like God just gave me such a great gift! First of all, I have never driven a car as long as I drove my van.  I used to always lease cars because I liked having a new car every 2 years. I know that's a little spoiled but that's how I was. I guess I grew out of that because I had my van for 5 years.  I loved that car.  It just had everything I loved.  I love Hondas so much, too. They are so reliable and fun to drive so I didn't plan on getting rid of that car until it stopped driving, which as a Honda that would have been a LONG time.  Well, after we got back from the beach at the end of May, I noticed our car had a funny smell.  Macy and Hannah would complain about the smell of the van but I had never noticed it before.  It smelled like an old house to me.  I could still handle the smell to some degree, though.  Then, we cleaned out Macy's room real good and had LOTS of trash.  We are always really careful when we haul trash in our car because my mom's Honda had trash leak in it and it smelled for years after that so we are always cautious.  Well, somehow when we were bringing all of Macy's trash to the dumpster, something spilled out of one of the trash bags and it had a STRONG odor.  It almost smelled like finger nail polish remover but not in a good way.  It smelled really strong and bad.  SO, we decided to get the carpet replaced, which was expensive but we wanted to keep the car and knew we couldn't drive it with that smell.  We just knew the carpet would smell so much better after it was replaced. Wrong!! We got our car back and it still smelled so bad!! So, I just drove Lamar's car.  When he would come home for lunch, I could smell the car smell on him.  It was that strong.  I think the problem was that the spill happened on the carpet underneath the back seat and that is the only part of the carpet they didn't replace because they would have had to change out the whole back seat. I prayed and prayed for the smell to go away. I wanted to keep my van.  But, it didn't so I was just going to drive Lamar's car.  I think he wanted his car back so we started searching for a new car, which is the first time I didn't want a new car.  I just wanted my good ole reliable van with no smell. We saw a used van on the Honda lot that looked EXACTLY like my van and thought about getting that one but we saw a little used Lexus next to that one that I liked the looks of.  I like the interior, too.  So, I test drove it a few days later and really liked it. The only problem was that it smelled, too. I think someone smoked in it a couple of times. It also smelled like an old lady's perfume.  AND, the arm rest was weird.  It was way too high and not adjustable so it wasn't able to be used.  Then, I drove a brand new CRV and liked the used Lexus a lot better...it was 6 years older, too, but had more bells and whistles.  That is when I decided to look on edmunds.com and search for a Lexus rx 330 from 2005-2008.  Well, I found the perfect car for a great price.  We traded in my van and got it.  I feel like God just gave me exactly what I wanted.  I LOVE the color, LOVE the interior color, LOVE the tape player (yes, I said tape player) :) because I can plug my iPod into it and listen to Pandora or iTunes and it comes in clear. I love the navigation system and the DVD player (my Honda had those and I got to where I really relied on the navigation system). And, the greatest thing is that is smells good!! And the armrest is great! I can use it. :)  We got a great price on it and it's 5 years old.  Everytime I'm in that car, I think God just placed this car in my lap and I didn't even ask for it!! Anyway, it was kinda hard to say goodbye to my van. I have lots of memories in that van but the smell made it a lot easier.  I asked the car dealer what in the world he thought that smell was and he said he couldn't smell it! Crazy! It was SO strong to me!! Anyway, now I think I'm ruined forever to any other car. I just LOVE it!!
.
Mar and I took Rosy on a play date. It had been months since we had done that so I was excited!! We took her to Purple Cow and to see Winnie the Pooh.  Oh, how I love that baby girl!! She is just my special sunshine and always will be.  Here she is with Mar at Purple Cow with the pix they drew. :) She knew to ask the waiter to hang it on the wall. 
Here we are at the movie. I told her that no movie was complete without M&M's and popcorn!! :) She sat in my lap the whole time because one of the previews scared her.  My sweet sister friend, Sarah, was in town and met us there with her son, Jefferey. I sure do love Sarah. She lived across the street from me all growing up. We met when she was 5 and I was 6. She was my maid of honor in my wedding and I was her maitron of honor. I led her to Christ when we were just little.  She really loves the Lord to this day.  She is just precious to me.  Here is a pix of us after the movie.  It's a really bad pix of me but that's ok because it's of me and my sweet friend.
Oh what memories that start at age 6 and keep growing!
My little sunshine started Kindergarten today!!! What a big girl!! Look at Banny in the window. I bet he was wanting to go, too. He sure does love his big sister.  I always imagined me going to school with Rosy on her first day of Kindergarten and taking pix and videos.  I didn't go, though.  I figure I can hear all about it on our next play date, which I hope is soon.  She brightens my day! She makes me smile like no other.  I hope everyone has a Rosy in their life!

Photobucket

Comments