Wow, it's been a long time! I always want to blog but never get around to it. I have so much to catch up on...Thanksgiving especially! That's always my favorite time of year because of our big family reunion filled with fun, food, fellowship, and our family dance...which is my FAVORITE!! Hopefully, I'll get around to writing about that but for now here are my Christmas decorations.
My wonderful friend, Hope, made this door garland for me last year. SOOOOOO sweet and I absolutely love it! This is the second year it's been hanging. We lost a few ornaments bringing it down but I still love it so much and it's so much fun to see from the street. I want to leave it up all year.  The Christmas season is just not near long enough!! I think it should at least be 3 months..AT LEAST!!  
 I rearranged my living room.  I like the layout a lot better.  The couch used to be facing the fireplace.  I just think this is warmer.  We brought the bench in from our bedroom so there's more seating. We also added a table to the corner with 2 chairs so a lot of people can sit in there, which I love!  
The table in the corner. After looking at this picture, I'm thinking there needs to be a small rug behind the bench. We'll see. I'll ask my sweet friend, Hope, who helps me. I saw a WONDERFUL Christmas rug that would have been perfect but I just don't want to spend money on a rug that I can only put out for a month every year. I'd rather get something that works all year long. 
Sparkly Christmas ornaments.
I also put those ornaments in my lanterns.  I got the ornaments and the lanterns at the flea market. I have learned to always go there first. You can find GREAT stuff for cheaper!!
Closer view..this was Bunco night so that's why there are dice, paper, pencils, and a dinger. :)  
Red, green, and white flowers.
 

 
One of these days I'm going to redo my sunroom and put a hammock hanging from the ceiling in there!!! :)  
One of these days, I will also redo this room. I just got that polka dot table runner at Pottery Barn. I saw it and fell is love! I LOVE polka dots and love red and white! Now, to get rid of the burgundy wallpaper and those curtains....oh, the curtains! I just need to take them down. They came with the house and aren't my style.  I have been saying that I'm going to take them down every year and never do. I even have curtains from my old house that I love...they are taupe silk so they will match with anything. It's just a matter of putting them up...or actually having Mar put them up. :)
I like looking at my door from the inside and seeing the door garland. :)

Merry Merry Christmas everybody!!
Jesus is the reason for the season!!! 


Photobucket

Comments

Stacey said…
Beautiful decorations!
Jima said…
Beautiful decorations! I've missed your blog. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas season!
Jill said…
Your house looks beautiful! Love the new layout of the living room and painting your kitchen cabinets - wow!! Really brightens that room!! I need Hope's decorating assistance next Christmas. :)