God...He's in the small things!

The other night I was over at my mom and dad's and we were talking about how God answers even small prayers and how cool that is. It reminded me of something that happened a couple of years ago that I told them about that I don't want to forget.  Back in April 2010, I had  horrible time with poison ivy. I had never had it before but I had unknowingly stepped all in it going through a wooded lot for sale (with an amazing view) on a walk one day. After I developed the poison ivy, my calves were so itchy in the store one day that I just couldn't stand it, so I used my foot (with that same tennis shoes on) to scratch all up and down my calves. I just didn't have any experience with poison ivy and didn't realize that those shoes still had sap on them (I ended up throwing those shoes away). My poison ivy got a lot worse after that. I didn't sleep well for a solid month because it just wouldn't go away and I was itching so bad. My left foot and ankle even became very swollen. It was so weird and just crazy! Well, one day, after having the poison ivy for a couple of weeks, I developed a rash all over my torso, back, and thighs and thought maybe the poison ivy had become systemic so I actually went to the doctor (which I never do).  He told me it was a different rash. He gave me prednisone and this cream (in the pix below) for my poison ivy and told me to change detergents or my soap for the rash. 
Well, one morning when I was really miserable with my rash, I wondered if the cream would also help my rash. It helped my poison ivy so I thought maybe it would help my rash, too. We weren't real sure what my other rash was but Lamar was worried that if it was a fungus of some sort, the steroid cream would make it worse. So, I asked God to please show me whether or not to use that cream on my rash. Right after I prayed that, I said out loud to the Lord, "How in the world are you going to show me something like that?" almost sarcastically. My faith was obviously pretty small. Well, right after that, I got on Facebook and had a message from my sister's mother-in-law. She knew about my poison ivy because I had been talking about it on FB. Just look at her message and then look at the cream.

Your Allergy
April 26, 2010

Heather, when I was growing up, I was the kid on
the block who was called to pull up the poison ivy in yards. After I grew up and my children left home I begin to get attacks 
like you. The predisone rived me up and then let me down at the end of the packs. I had two attacks like this where I used predisone.

The doctor prescribed a medication to use locally at the first sign of a rash and it has kept it under control. (I also am very careful to not expose myself, but, for me, the cream stops progress immediately before it spreads.) The name of the medication is Clobetasol Propionate Cream USP.0.05. Mine is manufactured by Alpharma. 




After I read that message, I was in complete AWE!!!! I couldn't believe it! God completely showed me to go ahead and use that cream on my rash. What a God of grace! He still showed me what to do even though I was a little sarcastic and didn't have much faith. I definitely didn't deserve to be shown that with my attitude. I love how He grows our faith! You know, God is just waiting on us to ask Him things...big or small!  I didn't usually ask God to show me things like that but I was pretty desperate and didn't want to make my rash worse so I just called out to the Lord and He showed me what to do. I ask Him all kinds of small things now. Right after I got that message, I went and put that cream on and it helped my rash almost instantly. Today, I still get rashes, especially after I exercise. I'm still not sure why but at the first sign of a rash, I put that awesome cream on, and it always disappears usually by the next day. If I don't use it, it hangs on and hangs on.  I'm so thankful for that cream!! Isn't God so good?!  

Happy Friday, y'all!!! 

Photobucket

Posted by Picasa

Comments