Passion 2012

Well, Passion 2012 has come and gone and it was GREAT!! This was Macy's third year to attend and she loved it, as always!!! She went with 2nd Baptist Church in Russellville. She stayed in an old church and there were 2 showers for 75 people! She said she washed her hair in the sink most of the time. She went with about 14 people from Little Rock but got assigned to a bus with not one person she knew. She ended up asking one of the men in charge if she could move buses in Memphis and he let her. I was glad. There's nothing like a 13 hour bus ride with all strangers. Of course, I may have enjoyed it but not a 20 year old! :)  I know God was in control, though, and know that if He let her stay on that bus, there was a reason. This was our second year to watch it online and we loved it, too!! It was so great to see how God worked!! When Macy got home, I looked through the few pix she took (not like her mama who takes a million pictures of anything and everything) and  made a little collage out of them....I love to look at it and think about all that happened there in Atlanta. 
Watching Session One
I really didn't want to miss Beth Moore so I set my alarm where I could watch her. I know I sleep late but I have trouble sleeping because I live with a man who has REM behavior disorder so he acts out his dreams and kicks, hits, and moves ALL night long so I am awake all through the night until his alarm goes off at 5:45 and then I can sleep well. AND, it's an hour later in Atlanta. Anyway, I woke up and turned on what I thought was livestream. After about an hour of worship, it got to the part where we started watching the night before and I realized I was on session 1. I was so disappointed but did manage to get the last 10 minutes of Beth Moore. I love this picture because of the dogs! They are the cutest things to me and make me smile all day long. Living with Mar and me, they have gotten their fill of worship, preaching, reading, etc. My friends laugh at me because I say my dogs are Christians. :) I realized later on that I could watch the sessions for 24 hours after they were on so I ended up getting to watch Beth Moore anyway.  She did great, as always!!! I also loved all the other sessions throughout the 4 days.  I loved hearing Christine Caine for the first time....I was VERY convicted and prayed later on in the day while out on my walk about what I could do to have compassion through ACTION.  I absolutely LOVED Francis Chan, too!! He is SOOOOO humble and so real! The highlight to me was watching Chris Tomlin singing How Great is our God with all the people in different languages and those adorable Ugandan children singing behind them.  Just BEAUTIFUL!! I thought of Macy and her heart for Uganda the whole time.  We watched that song twice at Hope's house (we had our Wed night girls' meeting over there) and then I came home and showed Lamar. It was just wonderful to me!!! I want a to buy the DVD's just for that song!!! My dad got Macy the DVD's so I'll be watching that song over and over again. 
On the second day May was there, I got a text from her with this picture on it!! It's from session 3 and was on the live stream camera. :) It made me so happy to see this. To me is was such a wink from God...my daughter praising the Lord with those words underneath her pix....."And I'll never ever have to be afraid." I just LOVE that!!! Taylor is on one side of Macy and Andy is on the other....Macy's two closest friends. Taylor's mom somehow got this pix and texted it to Macy and Taylor.  What a gift!
I got this picture from Twitter. Look how beautiful this hand is!!! I didn't really know what was going on with the hand until Macy explained it all to me when she got home. She said all the people met outside around the hand and prayed for an hour and a half for slavery to end. The hand was 100 feet and was covered in things that slaves have made.  
There were 27,000 white flags raised to represent the 27 million slaves there are today. I had NO IDEA there were more slaves today than there ever have been in the history of the world. The hand represented a hand of justice. The white flags were made by a place that employs women and survivors of human trafficking. I got some of this info from this article.
I can't remember where I got this picture now (either Facebook or Twitter) but I think it is SO beautiful!!! It's my lock screen on my iPhone right now. I just LOVE looking at it and knowing what happened at Passion this year.  Those 18-25 year olds raised over THREE MILLION dollars!! CNN wrote articles about it and Google donated over 11 million dollars to end slavery! I KNOW that happened as a direct results of 44,000 people praying for modern day slavery to end!!!! PRAISE JESUS!!!!
   
Look what I just found on YouTube!!!! :) 
Photobucket

Comments