Skip to main content

Lee Lee's Birthday...El Chico style! :)

Last night, we went to El Chico to celebrate my sweet friend, Lee Lee's birthday. She loves El Chico. The only one left standing in LR is in SWLR, so Hannah met me at my house and we headed to pick up Lee Lee to go to SWLR El Chico.
Hanny had on a new pretty white sweater. She is moving in 3 months and I am so sad! I am going to miss her so much. She is excited about going and starting a new beginning but I am really sad. I am going to miss her at LG, at prayer group, at Bunco, and on the weekends. I will miss our drives and talks to North Little Rock. And, will I ever miss Rosy and Moo! I am trying not to think about it. I've been having an IC flare for 6 months and can't do as much as I could. I have been so sad because I haven't had near as many Rosy playdates. But, I think God planned it that way because I see her less than I used to which will make them leaving easier on both of us. I still see her every week but not daily. I am going to feel a great void when they go. Anyway, back to the Lee Lee's birthday dinner....
Of course, I got lost on the way, like I usually do. I LOVE my Garmin app. Best money I have ever spent. However, I didn't turn it on this time because I was told how easy it was to get there and apparently it was but not for this directionally challenged person!! LOL! SO, after we were lost, I turned on my Garmin and it took us where we needed to go (in a round about way but it got us there)...right to HO. HA! HA! :) By the way, yesterday was a rainy and cold day. It sleeted the night before that and the weather was just kinda dreary. This picture makes me happy!!! HA! 
The other side of the sign! HA! :D El Chico has a gluten free menu so Lee Lee loves it. I love it, too! 
This was our second picture attempt of the group. Our poor waitress :). Heather didn't like the first one so this was the second one. She didn't like this one, either, so we took A LOT!! Of course, I always take a lot of pictures so this is nothing new. I love this group of girls! On a side note, I LOVE El Chico's white cheese dip. It's my FAVORITE!!! Oh, and their chicken mushroom fajitas are pretty awesome! 
I've known Lee Lee forever. I remember her as a little girl (she's a few years younger than I) but we've just gotten close in the last year and I feel so blessed by her friendship! She is precious to me! She has the most giving heart. She is the first to say, "How can I help you? What can I do for you? Can I get you anything while I'm at the grocery store?" She also is HILARIOUS which is the cherry on top! I LOVE funny people! They are my favorite!!! SO thankful for Lee Lee's birth!!!
Heather trying to get a picture she approved of. I made it a little difficult. :) LOVE these girls! 
Okay, so Lee Lee is always so funny because when I ask my friends if they want to enter races with me, Lee Lee always says she just wants the shirt! HA! HA! Last year, I thought I wanted to go to Goodwill and get Lee Lee a race shirt as a joke but for some reason, I never did. SOOOO, yesterday morning was a CRAZY morning...SUPER rainy and windy. Schools opened a couple of hours late because the sleet the night before. I had to go to Bible study because it was our groups turn to bring food so not going was not an option. I love our Bible study but it was not weather that most people would want to get out in. Well, that all turned out great because my mom is a great hostess and loves to set up pretty tables with great food so she did most of the work. Lamar went and bought donuts for me to bring so that was about all I did. Anyway, afterwards, I was going to go by Goodwill and buy Lee Lee a race shirt as a joke. But then the thought came to me that I have my favorite Color Run shirt that I have never worn before. I have the official tee but I bought this black one extra because I love the colors so much.  Well, the truth is, I kinda wanted to keep this shirt because I love it so much! I was debating on the way home from Bible study and right at that time, I looked in front of me and there was a van with a sticker that said, "Color Runner". I pretty much took that as a sign that I should give Lee Lee my shirt.  SO, I came home and got my shirt and looked at how pretty it was and that same feeling of not wanting to part with it came to me. I knew that God was wanting me to give her that shirt to work on ME and not being selfish. Then the idea popped into my head that maybe I could get that shirt off the web and just order me another one. So I googled, "where to buy color run tee shirts. I couldn't find a place. Then I got on Facebook and this was the first picture I saw. 
Last sentence! I felt so loved by God. I know that might sound strange but I LOVE it when He is so obvious in the small stuff. The funny thing is, I went to their website and they didn't have the exact black shirt but by that time, I didn't care at all. I didn't even want the shirt anymore. I just love the blessing God gave me in being so clear with me. I LOVE it when HE shows Himself to me in small ways. He is in EVERYTHING!!! I don't need that shirt anyway. I have too much stuff and giving away a cute tee shirt is not a big deal at all but how fun for God to let me know what to do. I believe that whole thing was about me giving up a shirt I wanted and not as much about Lee Lee's birthday present. I could have gotten her something better but she's so funny and I thought I would give her something funny. 

By the way, I am starting to blog again because I remember so little and if I journal, I remember easier. I also miss going back and seeing life and looking back on memories.  I love to look back on my xanga blog from years ago, even though some of the pictures no longer show up. It's fun to read about our lives in Louisiana and reading about Macy growing up. I miss that. Ever since I got a Facebook, which was so many years ago, I quit blogging as much. I was one of the first adults to get a FB. I just loved it (I am SUCH a born social networker). Anyway, I am going to start blogging again because I like to journal to remember things I would have otherwise forget. I'm a little overwhelmed because there is so much to get caught up on but it's like scrapbooking (that I no longer do)...just start with today and keep going! 

More tomorrow! :) 

Photobucket

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fast and Easy Rolo Brownie Bites

Happy Happy Friday, y'all! Some of y'all might know that back in the day I had a baking blog. And, by back in the day, I mean I started it in 2009 and my last post was in 2011. I probably should update it and keep adding to it, but I just don't bake or cook as much anymore now that our nest is empty. But, I did have so much fun with that blog. I would just bake or cook as usual but along the way I would take pictures and blog about the recipes. I still go back to that site and get recipes. I send my kids and friends there when they are wanting a certain recipe, too. It's so easy to just send them a link. I'm all about fast and easy recipes! One of my favorite super easy "go to" recipes are these super yummy and easy brownie bites. I first blogged about these in 2009 here but thought I would add the yummy recipe to this blog, too.  Ingredients: Brownie Mix (I use the Duncan Hines 13x9 family size). Rolo's (they now have them unwrapped) WOOHO

Show us where you live Friday.....the Kitchen

Most of you probably read Kelly's blog . She is so much fun! Well, she is hosting a "Show us where you Live Friday" and this week is the kitchen edition. I am excited about this because I absolutely LOVE looking at houses and decor....it's so much fun and can really show someones personality. I just love to see how others express themselves through decorating. While I really do love my kitchen, it is the room I am looking forward to redoing the very most. My future plans are to take down the wallpaper and paint, paint the ceiling, redo the cabinets (probably really dark wood), paint the island black, take down the florescent light fixture above the island and replace with something a little more up to date, and replace the curtains. I think the previous owners did a great job decorating it but I would rather it be more my personality. I spend A LOT of time in my kitchen and I really enjoy it!! When my mom and dad moved, they gave me their big round table that seats

Bye Bye 80's kitchen!!

Well, my kitchen is mostly finished!! It's completely painted!! I am so excited to have a brighter updated kitchen.  It just feels completely different.  I'm not completely finished but here's what I've got for now.   The cabinet color is Benjamin Moore Linen White and the walls are Benjamin Moore clay beige. I'm so glad to see the florescent oak square light gone!! I replaced it with chandeliers I got at a flea market!! :) We also hired an electrician to put more canned lighting in because after the florescent square was gone, we needed more lighting. I painted 48 cabinets and drawers and the body of the cabinets (don't know what the official name for that is) and was so burned out by the time I finished the island that my sweet husband suggested we hire a painter to paint the rest for me! I am SOOOO glad he did!!!!  See the faith, truth, love window frame beside the pantry door? Well, my super talented sister-in-law, Sabrina, made that window