St. John Day 5

It rained so much last night...downpoured. I LOVED the sound...we woke up a lot throughout the night but it didn't matter because we could sleep as late as we wanted. About 5:45 this morning, I just woke up and looked outside and it was PINK!! I think God woke me up just to see this view because I never wake up for no reason and I just opened my eyes and looked outside and was in aww of this.
The clouds didn't stay pink long...they turned a beautiful yellow as the sun was rising.
 Just glorious!
You can see some of the bright blue sky behind the clouds.


Yellow clouds! LOVE!

And the colors started to fade.

Lamar took this picture and was so proud. He should be. I think it turned out great! Our little lizard friend! :) I almost stepped on him a couple of times. He's pretty tame. There was also a big frog out! A lot more creatures come out in the rain! They make a lot of noise after it rains! Lamar and I took a bunch of pictures and then hopped back in bed. We slept until 10:45 and woke up and did our quiet times. We then watched Fellowship online. My laptop died all the sudden and kept dying every time I turned it on but it had a full battery. I think it got wet in the night from all the rain. We are basically in a screened in house so when it rains, the inside can get wet. I put it in it's case and came home at the end of the day and now it's working great. I'm so thankful! Anyway, we ended up watching on the iPad. Great service and applied to me because it was on worry...applies to most! Then, Lamar and I decided to go to Trunk Bay because we saw the cruise schedule and no boats were coming in today. Trunk Bay can get busy. It was also cloudy out and actually kinda cool so we decided to go and it was a good choice...we found a parking place easily and it wasn't too crowded.

Mar with the Trunk Bay sign. My good ole Garmin app took us right to here with no problems!

You know, one thing I love about St. John is that everyone is so laid back! I feel that way here, too. I haven't dried my hair at all and have only put on make up once! It's been great! I think if I lived here, I probably wouldn't wear make up much and I would NEVER fix my hair...what's the point?! Oh, and I LOVE make up and am super girly but here things just seem different. Maybe it's because I feel like I'm in the jungle! :) 

Mar was so excited about snorkeling. He brought me a mask and I ended up snorkeling, too. I snorkeled last time we came to St. Thomas and loved it. I loved it today, too, but didn't have fins so I went back to the sand while Lamar did the underwater snorkeling trail. SO neat!
This rock formation with a reef around it is where Lamar snorkled. He snorkeled around the whole thing. He got great exercise! I got stung by something today in the water. I've never been stung in the ocean before. It was just a little sting...felt kind of like a wasp sting but didn't sting for that long but then itched for awhile. It was no big deal but just weird because the water was super clear and I saw nothing that could have stung me. The ocean water here is clearer than most swimming pools! It was perfect outside! Not too hot and not too cold with a cool breeze blowing! I just took it all in!

We left around 4:15 because we both got hungry. We hadn't eaten out once since we'd been here (that's a definite first!!!!) so we decided to go eat somewhere.  
I'm not kidding when I say the turns here are sharp..that's a major understatement! Lamar and I tried to go to Lucy's because it's right on the beach but it was closed. I don't know if it's closed for the season (we are here off season) or if it was just closed tonight. 
We ended up going to Shipwreck Landing (they had a sign saying they were closing August 31st for the season). We just were so hungry and went wherever Mooncottage recommended. We ordered shrimp and it was good.
 Here was our view. :)
Why Lamar was waiting for our food, I headed to a little shop next door and got Rosy these cards.  A local lady who lives on a sailboat with her two kids and husband makes them. I love them! 
I also got this little sticker to put in a card for Rosy. A 8 year old girl makes these and is selling them for a school trip. 

Well, that's our day. Tomorrow, we plan on laying out for a few hours and then heading to another beach. I LOVE this place!!
Photobucket

Posted by Picasa

Comments