St. John Day 7

We woke up this morning to a cloudy day. We decided yesterday that we were going to go to Cinnamon Bay today and decided to still go because even if it did rain, it wouldn't be for long so out we headed! 
I bought this little cover up last year at the beach and have never worn it. I found it in Macy's room in the closet with the tag still on! We went so late last year that I never had a chance to wear it and then forgot about it! It was fun to find it. 
I think this log tree bench is so neat in the backyard.

Cinnamon Bay 


We went and laid our towels on the beach and this little guy came and stood in front of us for awhile. It made me happy. 
We didn't stay long. It was cloudy and Lamar felt a mosquito. :) We both just decided to head on back to the house for our last day. But, we decided we would check out the restaurant first.
The restaurant didn't look like much (because you couldn't see it from where we were and what we thought was the restaurant wasn't it) so Mar didn't really want to eat there but I said I just wanted to look at the menu and once he saw french toast on there, he was all in! HAAAA! :) It ended up being one of our favorite places because the views were so great. We also had such a fun conversation about what our favorite pleasures are. I named Lamar's top 3 EASILY..number 2 is football and 3 is food. Not too hard to figure out #1..he is a man after all! :) Then we started talking about my favorite pleasures and there were tons! Lamar said smells and food and then I started talking about the things that make me filled with delight....puppies (especially golden retrievers), puppy breath (which Lamar doesn't know the smell of...HOW is that?!), 70's music, a comfortable bed, convertibles, a boat ride, riding on a jet ski, when Reggie leans on me outside in the backyard on the bench while we are sitting together, and the list just went on and on and on but the thing that gives me the most pleasure is when it is a beautiful fall day and I'm walking and feel the Lord's presence so powerfully. Like Beth Moore says, "There ain't no high like the most high!" and she's so right because I've experienced it and it's my favorite pleasure! 
Lamar LOVED this tree! He asked our waitress how old it was and she said it was 350-400 years old and came about in the days of slavery. She said it was the biggest tree on this island but that it was small compared to the St. Croix trees! 
Pictures so don't do it justice.
After we ate, we both had more energy and decided to look at another beach on the way home. So, we did that and went on it and it was beautiful! The sign said Virgin Islands National Park and underneath it said Sea Turtle Nesting Beach. We almost stayed there but Lamar wanted to look down the road a little bit more. We went up Moho Bay campground up a steep bumpy hill and it was closed so we came back down and went down the road a little bit more and saw a really neat looking trail (that we didn't take). I think it was called Francis Trail. We parked and walked to the beach and it was perfect! There was hardly anyone there and it was perfect for snorkeling. Here we are at that beach which was still called the Virgin Islands National Park.
Hardly any people! And beautiful! 


Here's Mar snorkling. I actually got AT&T service here and LTE even!! SO, I got on my iPhone and looked at Instagram and Facebook for a few minutes and prayed for some people. I put it up pretty quick and just took in everything around me. We turned the radio on on the way to this beach (the first time we turned on the radio in the car) and the DJ said, "Put up your iPhone, put up your iPad, put up anything that starts with an 'I' unless it's Island!! I loved that and agree! 
The sand at this beach was brown and rocky. Trunk Bay had more white sand but it was nothing like the sand in Orange Beach. That is some of the best sand in the world! :) Mar loved snorkeling around the reef and I so wanted to snorkel, too, but I'm just a germaphobe and the thought of putting my mouth on that thing bothered me (even though I did it a few days earlier) but I decided to get over it and put my mouth on it...I wanted to see those fish and enjoy and enjoy I did! At first I went by myself because there was only one good mask but then I was a little nervous because Lamar saw a barracuda eat a fish and he saw a jellyfish. Also, you have to be careful of sea urchins and I didn't know what those looked like. SO, Mar told me he would come with me and hold my hand. He took the leaky mask (which I didn't even know until later that there was a leaky mask..he didn't tell me until later...sweet guy). We went together all around the reef and it was wonderful! I LOVE to snorkel and glad I decided to enjoy rather than to fear germs! :) 
This site makes me laugh every time! And I think it's hilarious that the goats get on the left side of the road! They follow the rules of the road! HA! :) 
Look at the sweet baby goat! Later on we saw a ton of goats with about 3 babies that were even smaller! They were precious! 
I always ask May to send me pictures of Reg and sometimes she sends them on her own and when she does, I always laugh! I can't look at him without laughing! Oh, my Beags! 

I cleaned up tonight...did the dishes and just got the place clean like when we came. I love this place! I don't want to leave tomorrow! This has by far been our favorite vacation ever!! We've just loved every second and taken it all in! Tomorrow will be an early morning and a day filled with traveling.We will leave around 8:30 (maybe earlier) and get back to our house around midnight. Lamar will work the next day, too. This has been GREAT!! I'm so thankful!! 

Photobucket


Comments