I cut my own recently. I have lost a lot of my hair again. It had just started to get thicker again (took two years to grow all the way) when I had another flare and had to have treatments that I really think makes me lose some of my hair. I had those treatments about a year ago so it's starting to get thicker at the top again. I am just super thankful that I am so much better right now. If I had to lose all my hair to get out of that pain, I would! Anyway, all that to say, I cut my hair again because I got tired of the stringiness and to make it look full at all, I had to wear extensions, which were actually super fun but time consuming and not very comfortable SOOOO I just decided to cut it. I didn't do a horrible job but decided to go to Emily (my super fabulous cousin) to even out the layers that I tried to do and to give me some highlights. I quit plucking my grays a couple of years ago (I need all the hair I can get...every single strand) and started dying it but I could never get it my natural color which is somewhat lighter that dark brown hair dye which looks black on me. SO, I decided to go lighter!
Here's a picture of my hair cut that I did on myself. I don't think it's too horrible but super thin hair is EASY to cut! By the way, I cut it a month ago and that's when this picture was taken.
Here I am in Emily's chair (last Wednesday). I LOVE having my hair done! SO relaxing! Also, Emily's little room at Glo is wonderful...the walls look like a tufted headboard! I REALLY have wanted blonde hair my whole life and have always said that when I go gray, I'll dye my hair blonde but it's not gray enough yet. It's way too dark to go blonde so Emily just added some caramel highlights and then fixed the layers that I tried to create when I cut my own hair. 
It's hard to tell in this picture but it's a lot lighter and the caramel highlights mixed in with the dark look more like my natural haircolor. I have SO much to catch up with on this blog...SO much! Our bedroom is now painted and I LOVE the feel. It's not decorated all the way yet but we changed out our red velvet curtains and painted our red ceiling white and our taupe walls a gray/blue color...Stonington Gray by Benjamin Moore which is one of my favorite paint colors. 
Mar and I were about to go to the Pinnacle Valley Visitor's center which has a scenic lookout that is BEAUTIFUL. We rode in the convertible and I put my hair in a ponytail and it was the shortest pony! I loved how it felt! Also, I loved how Emily fixed my layers! She's so good! I made Mar take a pix. 
Here we are at the scenic lookout at Pinnacle. Mar and I have a lot of fun being empty nesters. We can pretty much just go and do except for we aren't 100% empty nesters because our dogs are like our kids which makes going out of town or being gone long not an easy thing. Charlie Bear is now 14 and has been having some health issues. We can't leave him in the house for long periods like we used to. Reggie is neurotic which makes us all laugh but he is scared of most people so we can't have just anyone come for the weekend to dog sit. Anyway, we still are loving life together and going on fun dates like this one yesterday.

 I love the pretty fall trees and Pinnacle in the background is so pretty, too.
I started to get cold so sweet Mar gave me his jacket. He is always so kind to me and such a southern gentleman. One of the first things I noticed about him was what a gentleman he was. He still always opens the door for me, even when we are just getting in the car in our garage. Anyway, we saw a 1 mile trail and decided to go on it. It was so pretty.
Pretty pond behind us.
Lamar loved all these rocks. 

Lamar and I got off the trail and climbed some rocks to see this pretty view. There were hawks flying all above so close that we could hear their wings flap. It was really neat. 
We saw all these hawks in a tree and one buzzard. Lamar thought it was crazy that a buzzard would be hanging out with hawks.  We ended up climbing back down and getting back on the trail. We ran into a man and his dog and the man told us which way to go to see a beautiful view but we ended up going a different way that led us to the other side of all the rocks so we just climbed down to the parking lot. We both loved our nature date. 
After our little date, we headed to Kroger and then came back home, took a nap and then headed to the PA game which was the last game of the season. We won every single game! :) Now we are headed to the playoffs. Last night was the most entertaining game ever!! The first half lasted almost two hours. It took forever because there were SO many penalties! The other team (Jacksonville) didn't play nice at all but it was quite entertaining! We came home to our sweet boys and then watched Billy Graham the Cross which was SO good! I had already watched it that morning but I wanted Lamar to see it so I watched it again. We went to bed SO late and woke up at 10:30 this morning (Reg woke us up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom so we didn't sleep without interruption which is pretty normal). I looked at the clock this morning and then looked at Lamar and said, "It's 10:30!" and he said, "WHAT???!!!!" shocked with a huge smile and then said, "You are beautiful!" HAAAA!! It was so funny because he was still groggy. It made me smile first thing in the morning. I am anything but beautiful first thing in the morning but it sure makes me feel good that at my worst, my husband still thinks I'm beautiful.
And here I am right this second. We are at Mom and Dad's watching the LSU game while I blog. I am going to start blogging more. I know I always say it and never do it but I really want to because when I don't blog, I don't remember things as well and I want to remember. I have no make up on, have pajama pants on, and don't match but that's okay. It has been a relaxing day. We watched the second half of the Hogs game over here and then went back home and took a nap, woke up, ate a little and then headed back over here. Oh, Daws was so sweet...he brought us some cheese sticks while we were watching the Hogs this afternoon. A customer cancelled his order so he thought he would deliver them to us. He is so thoughtful! My parents are in Springfield this weekend. Mom has been sending me pictures. I miss Rosy and Banner SOOOO much!!! It sometimes actually hurts my heart but I am thankful that they aren't in Alaska and are just 3 1/2 hours away. It still seems way too far because they don't visit much. It's hard for us to visit much because of the dogs. We have been there once and it was great! It actually made me miss them even more, though. Sometimes love really hurts but it sure also brings a lot of joy, too! On that note, I'll stop writing! More later! Maybe tomorrow if I really do start blogging more often! ;) 

Comments