Hey there! Lamar just left to go back to the office after his lunch break. I took this picture of him after he woke up from his lunch break nap (he loves those). 
He's always so sweet to me. He woke up and the first thing out of his mouth was, "I love you so much. There is no way a  man can love his wife as much as I love you." He always says such sweet words to me. For awhile I didn't write about the things he does and says for me because I don't want people to think I'm bragging or saying our marriage is perfect but I always want to remember no matter what anyone else thinks. Lamar is definitely not perfect and neither am I. We have had our stuff, for sure, but he sure is sweet to me and the last 8 months have been one of our best seasons in our marriage. It was followed by one the hardest. Anyway, all that to say, Lamar is so kind to me and always encourages me and fills my tank up full with his words of affirmation and all kinds of other sweet things. I love him and he is my best friend in the whole wide world. See the pillowcase he is lying on? I just ordered those from Pottery Barn and got them monogrammed with our initials. I love the color and love our initials together. I am in the process of redecorating/updating our room a little. Here's a picture of what it looks like right now. 
I'm not finished at all. I need to change the lampshades, put a bench at the end of the bed, and am waiting on some of the European shams to come in that I ordered (bedding will be different). This is a work in process and I'm in the middle of the process. 
Veterans Day was a couple of days ago and my mom put this picture on Facebook of my dad back in 1966 in the Dominican Republic. He was Captain Douglas B Smith and my brother told me when he left the Dominican Republic, he was a major. My dad is so humble. I never knew he was a captain or major. 

It was a GORGEOUS day on Monday...in the 70's! This morning we woke up to weather in the 20's. I knew the cold was coming our way so I decided to take advantage of the gorgeous 70's weather and just go for a ride in the convertible. I took Reggie with me. Charlie Bear used to ride in the convertible with us all the time. He was so cute. He would sit in the back seat like a person. People would always laugh because he was so big in the backseat just sitting and enjoying the ride. He's too old now and has a hard time getting in the car. I knew Reggie would like the ride, though, so I took him. He was nervous unless we were driving. Here he is at Lamar's office. HA! :) 
Reg!! :) Always makes me laugh!
Lamar wanted us to come see him so we did. After this, I dropped Reggie back off at the house because he jumped in my lap while driving which didn't feel very safe to me. Then, I just drove for about 30 minutes or longer. The trees were so gorgeous! I saw this one on my drive.
This tree was on Valley Club Circle right when you turn right after PA. I had to stop and take a picture. I was having LG at my house that night so I made myself go home but I could have driven for another hour. It was perfect!! That night, when all the LG girls came, Marty asked us to tell the highlight of our day and taking that ride in the convertible was definitely mine. I love God's nature! :) 

Last night, I had the Hood's over for dinner. I didn't want to cook so we ordered Senor Tequilas and Lamar picked it up. They have the BEST fajitas ever! I loved getting to visit with my sweet friend, Hope. I'm so excited because she wanted to get tickets to go to the Holiday House early. So we are going tomorrow morning before the crowds show up! It will be an early morning but shopping at the Holiday House is so worth it! :) I had fun last night doing Just Dance with Hayley, too. My back is sore this morning but dancing was so fun! I need to do more of it! 

Right now, I have my sweet boys by my side while I'm eating Tootsie Rolls. :) Reg is sacked out in the sunny spot by the window and Charlie is by my side, as always. I have the space heater going because Reg gets cold. He LOVES the heat! On that note, I think I will go heat me up some fajitas from last night. Tootsie rolls are a great lunch and all but I think I better add some substance. HA! I had a late breakfast...potato chips! :) More later! 

Comments