Birthdays

May May came home yesterday for a few hours. She is not going to live in an apartment after all. She is going to be living at home. She just was too scared of the future to live in an apartment and wanted the security of home. SO, since she had already signed the lease, she had to pay A LOT of money to get out of it, even though the apartment complex had another renter that moved in the same day Macy was going to move in. It feels so wrong to me that Macy had to pay so much (you wouldn't believe if I wrote the amount) to NOT live in a place. The high justice side of me is not okay with that. She had to take most of her savings to pay that. I can understand if they didn't have another renter, but they did. I can also understand if they charged her maybe $100 but it was WAY WAY more than that. Anyway, that was an expensive lesson. They didn't lose one dime on her not living in that apartment. Makes me sad for Macy but I can't dwell on it and I don't want to complain. AND, I trust God. AND, I am thankful because it was going to be almost $1,600 more than what she paid but because they found another renter, they didn't make her pay 2 months rent so I need to just be thankful that she didn't have to spend money on that. I wasn't even planning on writing about that, but there ya have it. 
ANYWAY, here Macy is in her cute new glasses. Hopefully her eye will start to get better now. It's still swollen. :( I think she looks so cute in her glasses!
Mar's birthday was yesterday!! WOOHOOOOO!!! I sure do love him! I'm so thankful for Mar and that he was born. On a side note,  my face looks swollen to me lately. I think it's water weight from the patch that I am now back on again (I have gained 4 lbs. since I've been back on it) :(. I have such a love/hate relationship with that patch. I NEED it, though, so if I have to be a poofy person to be healthy and not be drenched in sweat every hour upon the hour, so be it! I'm thankful that there is something that helps me so much!! Also, that patch makes my IC almost non-existent!! I am SOOOOOO thankful for that! This time last year, I remember thinking, "I can't believe my biggest concern was gaining weight!" and I remember telling the Lord that the fear of weight gain was such a small deal compared to MUCH bigger issues in life so now that I've gained so much weight (I'm 18 lbs. bigger than I was this time last year) I am not going to let it steal my joy (even though it's tempting) because I am living life and I am so much healthier than I was this time last year. THANK YOU, Jesus! SO, weight gain..big deal!! Clothes that no longer fit..no biggie! :) Mar buys me new clothes and he LOVES the weight on me. Men are so different than women! I totally don't get it but he truly is more attracted to me than he has ever been. He keeps telling me not to lose a pound. :) 
Lamar is always hard to buy for because he never wants anything, except he loves Mardel gift cards. I usually just get him a card and some Dove dark chocoalte. But this year I knew something he would LOVE. Since he doesn't have FB or get on the Internet, he doesn't see pictures like I do. I used to print off all my pictures and put them in albums but I quit doing all that and now all my pictures are online. SO, I decided to make him a poster collage of our summer vacay that we loved so much and I also decided to make him a photo album of all the extra pictures. I took SOOOO many!!! Well, he absolutely LOVED it!! He also got teary eyed at the card I gave him. He said he felt so loved and special..and he sure is! He brought the frame to work today and hung it where he could see it and he told me over and over again how much he loved it. That was the trip of a lifetime! Unforgettable! 
Here he is with the collage and album. I was so happy he loved it! I just knew he would! I was excited to give it to him.
After Mar opened his presents, we headed to Kobe to eat. He loves the japanese steakhouse. So do I! We had a table almost to ourselves. It was great! 
After we ate, we headed to Arthur's steakhouse to pick up a gift that Lamar's friend, Shane Bridges gave to him. It was a gift certificate for us to eat there. Such a nice restaurant and SO nice of Shane to do that! Then, we headed to mom and dad's. My dad's birthday is today! My two favorite men have birthdays one day apart! So fitting! So, we brought Dad his present because he was gone to his office Christmas party tonight. I got him a quilted lined plaid shirt from Wal-Mart! He LOVED it, though! And it was made so well! I'm telling you, Wal-Mart has some good clothes! Who knew? I sure didn't! Anyway, mom had balloons for Dad and his presents...veggies and fruits (he's SUPER healthy) and a bunch of warm stuff (because he's cold all the time). :) 
Mar and I on his birthday. See the shirt I'm wearing? Well, I LOVE it! Guess where I got it? WAL-MART for $6!! Yep, $6. I saw this same shirt for about $45 at a boutique on Instagram today. Macy's friend, Mandy, gave me the idea to go to Wal-Mart and buy a plaid shirt in the men's section. It's long enough to wear with leggings because it covers your bootay! You do not know how many people I have told about this find. I have gotten a lot of compliments on it and I tell them to head on over to Wal-Mart! It's cheaper than a fast food meal and it's made well, too! I think it would be super cute with a fur vest or an infinity cream scarf but I was all about being comfy after eating at Kobe last night. :) 
My two faves!! My goodness, these two are super kind men and both love Jesus!! I am so blessed! Lamar felt so loved yesterday because all of his kids called him and he had a lot of friends and family call. Also, at work, they decorated the CEREC room with balloons and gave him cupcakes. I wish someone would have put that on his FB dental page or at least taken a picture because I would have loved to have seen it. Oh well, I'm just glad my man felt loved and special because he is! 
WOOOHOOOO, my leopard Ugg slippers finally came in! They had to reschedule the delivery due to snow and ice. I usually get a pair of these every year (just regularl tan suede) because I wear these puppies out! They are pretty much all I wear in the winter. I even wear them out in public because all my pants are so long that nobody can see the fur and people can't tell they're slippers. They are just so warm and comfy. Last year, I ordered a different Ugg slipper and they were way too clunky and a little small so I didn't wear them so my old pair were REALLY worn out. I have been LOVING wearing these!! They are so warm and I love the new plush feeling of the shearling!! YAY!!! 
This morning, when I woke up, my sweet Charlie Bear had his booty on my robe. He's been having some booty issues so I threw my robe off to the side to wash later. Well, Reggie woke up and immediately went after my robe. He loves getting in to our clothes because they smell like us and it makes him feel secure. It made me laugh so hard! Right before this, he had his head completely covered in my robe! HA! 
After Reg got into my robe, he came over to wear Charlie was sleeping and just snuggled with him. It was so sweet and reminded me of the picture of him snuggling with Charlie Bear when he was a puppy. So sweet! I sure do love my boys! 
This was taken yesterday. Reg was snuggled right up to Charlie Bear scared to leave the room. I should have known it was because there was something at the front door. He ALWAYS lets me know. Right after I took this picture, my lifelong fabulous friend, Kendra, texted me and said there was a surprise at the front door. I went and looked and just look at this awesome present she left there for me and Lamar!!!
SO fun!! She had purple and gold gumballs in there for LSU colors for Lamar and chocoalte for me...the sweetest card saying how thankful they were that Lamar did dental work for them and then look at all the gift cards!! 
ELEVEN of them!! ELEVEN!!! Oh my! This TOTALLY made my day! What a fun happy she left at the door!! My goodness! She is one of the most grateful people I know. It truly made my day! They send us patients all the time so really, I should be doing this kind of thing for her!! 
I painted my nails tonight. I think this is such a fun color combo...Essie Now you Sea Me and Pure Ice Beeware over that. I am loving looking at my nails right now. 

I had lunch with Shanny today at the Terrace. She had chicken terrace for the first time and LOVED it! I am so glad I live in town with so many of my siblings and my parents. I love just going to lunch and having built in best friends. I sure do miss Hannah and Marci, though. I am so excited about them coming a week from TODAY!!! BOO to the YAY!!! :) 

Mar and I are up so late because we took a late nap! I don't like doing that because I know I'll be up most of the night. And if I stay up late, I get hungry and eat. I'll just be honest and say that yes, the patch does add water weight but the progesterone in the patch makes me eat a lot more than usual. I should really weight 200 lbs. I'm thankful for the genetics of a high metabolism. My whole family loves food and we shoudl all weigh more than we do. Like right now, I am eating Hershey kisses and a lot of them...and it's after 1:00 AM!! UGH! I am going to be so mad at myself tomorrow. And before the kisses, Lamar made popcorn because we were both so hungry. I cannot WAIT to have a hysterectomy where I can just take estrogen. It will be so nice to NEVER cramp again! I had 2 months of ZERO cramping! It was heaven BUT I had to get back on the patch because of all the other side effects I was having from having no estrogen. Just so crazy! Oh well, again, I'm THANKFUL that there is something I can take that helps me!! This sure was a long post. I was just planning on writing a few quick things.

One more thing...I am going to post what Marci wrote about my dad because it describes him perfectly! Here it is: 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BEST DAD IN THE WORLD!!! DOUGLAS BLYTHE SMITH!!! My sweet dad is just the best! He has always been such an encourager, using his words to bless instead of wound! He looks for the best in us & likes to see us succeed! He is never critical but cheers us on in everything! He didn’t have a soft hearted dad to look to for an example & yet he is the most soft hearted of all! He is a gifted doctor, having graduated at the top of his class with honors & yet remains super humble & one would never know the academic & professional accolades he has achieved! He even invented a machine while in medical school! He is a great story teller & is the historian of our family! He has kept a journal his whole life & when we are together he reads from it just like the Bible tells us to remember the great things God has done! Dad always encourages us to remember the miracles our heavenly Father has done! Listening to him pray to His Abba Daddy is one of my favorite things in life! He speaks so tenderly to God & one can easily tell how close they are! He adores mom & always has! He will do anything for her & we all knew growing up & still know now that she is number one in his life! I sooo appreciate having seen him love her deeply my whole life! He knows more Bible verses than anyone I have ever even heard of & if a friend or I need to know where a verse is found, I know I can always call my dad & he will know! He never acts interrupted or bothered when I call him at work to ask him a question big or small! He always acts happy to hear my voice & makes me feel important! That is what he does! He makes everyone else feel honored & important! He is loved far & wide! When I worked at his office before I had children people would frequently ask me if Dad was truly “like that” in real life & my answer was absolutely yes! Dad is the same person everywhere he goes! He never loses his standards, or his witness! He is funny too! He loves to laugh & sees humor in the ordinary things! He has an awesome perspective! He will never seem old to me! I just feel spoiled that I get to have him as my dad!!! Sooo thankful for him & greatly blessed to be his daughter! Sooo glad he was born!  xoxo Jane Anne Smith

And, with that, I say Good Night!! Again, I'm not proofreading. :)  

Photobucket

Comments