I just read this on Abby's facebook and thought it was so sweet. These are my parents (her grandparents) and my dad is an awesome husband and adores my mom! I am so thankful that he has been my role model for what a husband should be. I married someone just like him which thrills me!!!



*The Love I Want!*Share
8:34pm Saturday, Jun 30

My Nana and Poppy!


Yesterday while nana and poppy were gone my aunt Heather found this scrap book that my nana had made of all of poppy's card's that he had gotten her over the years. And oh my goodness!!! It was the sweetest thing, nobody could read these precious letters without crying at least a LITTLE! I also went wedding dress shopping with Christina today..(she found the one!) So I'm thinking about love. But ya..Poppy wrote the sweetest notes to my nana!

The ones that were the most meaningful were the most recent ones because he talked about how love grows over time. Love is what happens after all the fuzzy feelings are gone and that unconditional love is there. It's when you think about the other person much more than yourself. It's when you stay when you feel like leaving the most. He talked about how he loved her just being in the same house with him and how he never wanted her to leave his side. He talked about how beautiful she was and how she would always be his best friend. He said it made him sad to go be a Doctor everyday because it meant he had to leave her for a while. He even takes off Friday's now because he misses her too much! It sometimes talked about how they have worked through the rough times and that has made their love stronger. I'm telling you, these were the CUTEST letters ever!!! Then he said in one of them how only Jesus could make something so beautiful happen. And he said only years can make this beautiful love. Sometimes poppy said that the fuzzy feelings at the beginning trick people into marriage and then later they realize what real love is, but most people don't get there because maybe they give up when it gets rough. These letters were so adorable, I can't even tell you how sweet they were! He would just leave her notes around the house telling her how much he loved her! What a sweetie pie my poppy is!

That is the kind of love I want!! I believe in my heart that this special love is out there, because Jesus is so amazing and he would put something that incredible on this earth. And because of the desires of my heart, I know that God will bring me that man one day. I was so cynical for a little bit there, but yesterday my heart was completely softened to males!! Maybe they aren't so bad. Maybe when the right fit comes it will all be different. I sure hope that someone will love me so much that they don't even like to leave for a day at work. I hope that one day someone will call me their lifelong best friend. I sure hope that maybe I can get notes around the house about how great I am! haha Who doesn't love to hear how great they are? lol! As weird as this sounds I long for my love to come so bad that I miss him! And I have no idea who on earth he is!!! That might be strange, but I'm sure a lot of girls feel the same way.

Anyways, basically my Poppy has now softened me to men. I am no longer cynical and I believe that there is a love perfect for me out there. And we will be best friends and never leave each other. And he will be so handsome and I will feel safe in his arms. When he holds my hand, I'll know I belong. And i'll love him and scratch his back and draw him cool pictures and we will laugh really hard all the time and it will be just great!But that's not for a looooong time. Patience, God please give me patience to wait on my man! Some of the best things in life we have to wait for. And if this note is still on here when I'm old old old and getting married at age 30...I hope that my love knows I was missing him. I'm so cheesy :)..and I love every minute of my cheesiness!


In this note: Jessica Bradshaw (notes), Lacy Carter (notes)3 comments Add a commentReport Updated about 3 weeks ago

Comments

Jan said…
Hi Heather,
I couldn't help but notice your Razorback on your photo. Wooooo Pig Sooooieeeee. I am a Hog, too.
Live about a mile from the U of A campus! I don't think I've read of any other Arkansas gals. (I'm a native Texan but went to school here and stayed. Been here since '79)
Blessings on you! love your blog.
Remember...Hogs Smell Good!
Jan