Rosie's gone. :(

Well, the dreaded day is here. Rosie has moved to Springdale. We (me, Mar, mom, and dad) helped Hannah and Justin move up there last weekend. Hannah and Rosie ended up driving back with us, though, because Hannah's close friend was having a baby. They left about 2 1/2 hours ago. It was really hard to see them go. Mar and I are beyond attached to our precious little Rosie Love. Mar always says, "She sure does make me feel good". It's because she runs into your arms and shouts for joy when she hears you walk in the house. Today, when I got her up from her nap the first things she said to me was, "Mar's not here". She knew he was at the office. He came to say goodbye at lunch and when he walked in and called her name, she said with so much excitement, "I'm comin'" and came running into Lamar's arms. She's just such a bright spot...such a complete joy. Mom explained to her that she was going to her new house and we had to stay here and we wouldn't see her for awhile. I think she understood because after she got in the car she started crying and saying "Hadoo, Hadoo". She didn't want me to close the door after I put her in her carseat and she gave me Bear and Paci because she knew she couldn't leave if I had her Bear and paci. It broke my car. By the time they were out of the driveway she had quit crying and started reading her books to Bear so that made me feel better. Lamar and I were both crying. Lamar told me that it had been a long time since he had cried over anyone other than me. Hmmm...I don't know if I should feel good or bad about that.
Rosie Love was not a happy camper before they left. She couldn't find "paci". Mar saved the day and went and got it out of Hannah's car and then she was okay. She LOVES her Bear and sniffs him....she has Mar sniff him, too. :)
Here they are both sniffing Bear. :)

Lamar and I told Rosie about bones last night. Lamar broke his foot when he was 16 and one of his feet has a bone that sticks way out so we showed it to Rosie and explained bones to her. Here's Mar today pointing to the bones in his arms. She thinks Bear has bones, too. :)


I am so thankful that God blessed us with Rosie...a special joy in our lives. We'll miss seeing her every day but we'll always love her and have a very special bond with her. We'll be making lots of trips up to Springdale...that's for sure!!!

Comments