It snowed today! It was in the 70's last weekend and absolutely beautiful and today it snowed! Wow! The snow was beautiful, though, and how wonderful to have an unexpected day off of work. Lamar and I were in and out of sleep all morning....just wonderful! I was thinking last night when I was up in the middle of the night (which is a regular occurrence for me) what Lamar and I are missing, or actually NOT missing, by not watching TV. We cancelled our cable a little over a year ago and just don't watch anything at all. We used to be TV junkies. :) We watched everything. We would race home from the store or my parents house just where we wouldn't miss our latest show. We remedied that by getting DVR. This allowed us to be able to go out and about without feeling rushed. We watched every movie known to man. We would still look up the movies on screenit.com but pretty much, we didn't miss any movies. We even made a movie room out of our extra downstairs room. It was SO neat! I loved it. We painted it black and I bought movie posters of the kids favorite movies and we framed them. One of the reasons we wouldn't sell our house is because we didn't want to leave the movie room. I also looked forward to buying In Touch, US, and People magazine every Friday. I never missed an issue. Yep, I know...it was a guilty little pleasure. Anyway, all of that changed in January of 07. We did an about face and made a major lifestyle change. At first I felt really guilty because I felt like Macy should be able to have cable TV. I look back and think how crazy that thinking was. She watched TV all the time, along with us. I felt horrible and didn't know what she was going to do without the beloved TV. Well, after a few weeks, Macy said to us, "I don't even miss the TV". And, it was so surprising that we didn't miss it much either. So, now...we haven't seen TV (except for the LSU and Razorback football games that we watched at mom and dad's) in over a year. Because of this, we never know what's going on in the world really. I mean, I know most important things from AOL news but all in all, we miss out on lots going on. Well, this morning we woke up to snow and didn't know if Macy's school was cancelled or not so I looked online at KTHV.com (or maybe it was KATV.com) and there were all the headlines from the news. One was about a family that was found murdered in their house, another was about a body found in the river, and another was about a marathon runner who died Sunday. I read to Lamar the latest headlines and said, "this is what we're missing out on". Last night in the middle of the night I was thinking that ignorance really is bliss sometimes. :) I still get tempted sometimes when I see the tabloids at the grocery store but I don't think it was good to fill my head with all of that trash. I do miss seeing what all the stars are wearing, though. I loved seeing the latest fashions. :) Anyway, all in all, I think life is a lot better without the boob tube. We spend more time as a family together. I actually cook now.....it's not so bad because Lamar helps me. We spend a lot more time over at mom and dad's house and we play a lot more games. Also, I spend more time with the Lord. Life is definitely better without my mind swimming with the latest tragedies, dramas, and reality TV. That stuff was entertaining, all right, but at an expense that I didn't want to pay anymore. Well, I'm off to spend time with my baby. More later!

Comments