Sweet Saturday

Today has been a pretty busy Saturday. Hannah and Rosie are in town, which is wonderful! Last night, Hannah was saying she wanted to go to zumba today but I wanted to just relax and slowly wake up and not have to rush to go anywhere. Well, last night, Lamar was massaging my back and I fell asleep at 10:00!!! It was heavenly! We woke up this morning around 7:45. Since we got up so early (and I had 3 1/2 peanut butter Hershey kiss cookies last night), I was inspired to go to zumba...it wasn't until 10:30 so we had plenty of time to take things easy this morning. We headed over to mom's and Lamar watched Rosie Love while Hannah and I went to zumba. Zumba was so much fun this morning. We had a GREAT instructor, who I know from childhood...Paige Perritt. She was adorable and so much fun. We got a great workout and had fun dancing. When we got back to mom and dad's, this is what we found.....
HA! Rosie was watching Madeline and Lamar was fast asleep. The first thing Rosie said when I saw her was, "I have a potent!". A potent is a dirty diaper. HA! :) Lamar was in such a deep sleep. I had to shake him to wake him up. Fortunately, dad was there, too, so if Rosie really needed anything, she could just go tell him. Dad said Rosie was almost asleep on the couch by Mar before we came in.
After this Lamar and I headed home where I could take a shower before taking Macy to the bus for Extreme Expedition. Macy is headed out with a group from church to Colorado to go hiking, white water rafting, etc. They can't wash their hair for days and can't wear deoderant!!! WHOA...that is not my kind of trip but I'm glad she's excited about it. They also have to carry all their camping gear while hiking. I hope she'll be okay. I'm sure she will. They're going to a place called Noah's Ark (http://www.noahsark.com/index.cfm). I know it's going to be beautiful. Pray for her if you think about it. Here's a picture of her and some of her friends before leaving.

I wonder what they'll look like when they get back? :)

Emily, Kelly and May on the bus.
Speaking of May...she always does so good in school. She is at a really hard school and I don't think I could ever have made the grades she makes at that school....matter of fact, I didn't make the grades she did because I went to that school and I had trouble! :s She's such a smart girl.
So, after taking Macy to the bus, we went back to mom and dad's to see Rosie Love. We were looking through dad's perma plaques (he's getting rid of them...actually, he's getting rid of just about everything because as he says, "I can't take it with me and my life's almost over"... he's going to outlive us all, by the way) when Rosie out of the blue says, "I want to go to the cupcake place". So, we did what any good aunt and uncle would do and took her to the cupcake place. :) There's a new cupcake place on Kavanaugh and it's so so cute and very YUMMY!!! I've actually been there 3 times this week....now you know why I've been zumba-ing all week! :)


Me and Hannah Bananna.
After the cupcake place, we headed back to mom and dad's for a few more minutes before Mar and I went on a date to the Mark Schultz concert. It was GREAT!!! He was so funny! He has a sense of humor like my brother, Sheldon. I didn't even know he was coming in concert until a few days ago and when I heard he was coming to a church in Conway, I really wanted to go. I don't like going to concerts at Alltel because it's just too big. I like concerts that are at churches. So, I went online to try to get tickets in the artist circle a couple of days ago...well, they only had 1 left. I even called the number to be sure. So, I called the church. They had some in the artist circle but I had to go pick them up. I really didn't want to drive to Conway to pick them up so I thought I'd either get tickets not in the artist circle at the door or I'd try again on the Internet. Last night, I thought I'd just go back to that Internet site and try again. They let me get 2 tickets in the artist circle! :) I was a little confused because the day before there was only 1 ticket and they tickets aren't refundable so I was a little confused but excited we got them! So, Lamar and I headed to the Marketplace Grill in Conway which is delicious! They bring out this wonderful bread that is soaking in melted butter. YUM! Our waitress was the nicest guy ever and Lamar and I both talked about how he'd probably go pretty far in life being that nice and how wonderful it would be if he could work at our front desk! :) After a great meal (for me, just great bread because I was absolutely stuffed by the time my entree came), we headed to the church. When we went to will call to pick up our tickets, they realized they gave us and another couple the same assigned seating...so, guess what?! We go to sit in the very front row!!!! There wasn't even anyway else on our aisle.

This was our view of Mark Schultz. Look how close we were! This is him singing Letters from War. The video is showing in the background. I cried watching that video. He sings the most touching songs. He sang a song from a record he's going to start in about a month that was wonderful!!! He got a standing ovation. I didn't realize that he is adopted and he sung a song tonight that he wrote to his birth mom called Everything to Me. I could go on and on about Mark Schultz because I just loved the guy! I loved him before but after seeing him in concert and listening to his stories and seeing how funny he is, I like him so much more. Mar is waiting on me to go to bed so I better boogie.

Oh, Charlie Bear had surgery...he's doing a lot better now but I felt so so sorry for him. More on that later!

Comments