I listened to the Chapman interview with Larry King Live tonight. I watched it on YouTube since we don't have cable. Wow! That family is amazing! What a wonderful witness to others in how they are handling such a tragedy. Lamar and I both cried. I just can't even imagine. After I hear about tragedies such as theirs, I wonder how I could ever complain about anything. There are so many people who are dealing with such hard things in life: death of children, parents dying, miscarriages, terminal illness, etc. Sure I've been through some hard things...but the death of a child.....can't even begin to imagine that kind of heartbreak. It's true, though....the Lord is close to the brokenhearted. I know because the times that I have been the most heartbroken is when I've felt the most loved by God. I know He always loves me more than I could ever imagine but one time when I was so brokenhearted I didn't even think I could go on, He showed Himself to me in the middle of the night and it gave me such HOPE. I told Lamar the next morning that God hugged me in the middle of the night and that He said something to me but I couldn't remember what it was. I knew it was good, though. When I heard Beth Moore speak soon after that, her words were this: "When you are brokenhearted in the middle of the night, God just comes down from heaven and gives you a hug and says, 'you are my delight!'". :) Lamar was sitting next to me (him and one other guy were the only people at the Beth Moore seminar.....that's another story :) ) and said, "that's what he said to me that night!". I just knew it. I have thought of that night so many times since then. It's amazing how God loves us so much. He has so many children that sometimes I wonder how He could ever love all of us but He does. He shows me all the time!

Comments