Maternity Jeans Rock!!! :)

I have always hated wearing jeans. I mean ALWAYS hated wearing them. When I was little, I never wanted to put them on and as I got older, I still hated them. I love the look of jeans but the bottom line for me is that they have always been extremely uncomfortable. Through the years, I've discovered that the reason they are so uncomfortable is the thick fabric around my waist or hips. I always get pains in my stomach from that. I wore dresses to school until 6th grade and then had a skirt uniform after that. I even got in trouble once because I didn't wear jeans on a field trip (a whole other story). I do wear jeans some but I am never comfortable wearing them. Anyway, all of this to say I was reading this girls' blog (Kelly's Korner) awhile back and she talked about how she always hated wearing jeans, which is just like me, and now that she's pregnant, she has discovered how great maternity jeans are. She had a picture posted with her maternity jeans on and she didn't look the least bit pregnant. So, I started thinking, "If she can wear maternity jeans and she's smaller than me, then they may actually work for me, even though I'm not pregnant". After looking at them online and discovering that maternity jeans have a whole new look since I was pregnant (18 years ago), I decided that I would try them out. I went to a maternity store in town but was too embarrassed to try them on so I just ordered some on e-bay and I just have to say ..... I LOVE THEM!!!! I wore them for the first time a couple of nights ago to Macy's senior class meeting and never had a stomach pain!!! Also, they actually fit my body! My legs have always been smaller than my belly so I've always had to buy jeans that are too big on my booty and legs to fit my stomach...problem is now solved and I don't think I will ever go back to regular jeans!!! Here's a picture of my new found love. :)




Now look at these jeans! Do these look like maternity jeans to you? There's only about 3 inches of cotton at the top...I'll tell ya what...I've found the jeans for me!!!

Comments

Kelly said…
I just saw you had me as a link and I clicked over here and I am laughing so hard! I am truly trying to start a revolution. Maternity jeans have changed my life. My friends can't believe how much I wear jeans now but they are finally comfortable!
P.S. You look soooooooooo young and cute to have kids so old. What is your secret?????