Colleges

I have had colleges on the brain lately. I am telling ya, since the day Macy started school in August, it has all been about colleges and graduating. The first week of school May came home and said that I needed to start working on her senior ad. I had no idea it would be due so soon. We've had college night, meetings about colleges and senior trip, and tomorrow is senior lounge day. Next week, Macy will get fitted for her CAP and GOWN!!!! How could this be??? She will also order graduation invitations. Wow! Anyway, these are the 3 options that we're considering right now.

Option #1:



Ouachita Baptist University. She's already applied here and I'm confident she'll get in. I know this is a great school. My little sister, Hannah, graduated from there. My older sister, Marci, went to Ouachita for a semester. My brother-in-law went there and right now, my niece, Abby is there and loves it! I know for sure that Macy would love this school. One thing I really like about this school is that it's only a hour from home. :) Everyone I've ever talked to that goes there or has gone there has loved this school.
Option #2

Southwest Baptist University. This school is in Bolivar, Missouri. I have some friends who graduated from there and loved it. I visited my friend, Heather, years ago when she was going there and I thought it was a great school. It's only 30 minutes from Springfield and 90 minutes from Branson. They have a lot of mission trips that are available which really appeals to Macy. They have a great website that gives lots of information. Macy saw that they have a trip to Africa and got really excited. Also, it's a little cheaper than Ouachita and she'd get $5,000 off of tuition. I can't remember why and neither can she! HA! :) She thinks it has something to do with her GPA. She talked to them at college night. Oh, when I visited my friend all those years ago, I saw a little baby cheerleading uniform in the campus bookstore and I bought it for Macy. I have her picture in it when she's a year old! :) I never imagined that one day she'd be interested in going to that school. Matter of fact, I kind of forgot about it. I wouldn't have thought of it if they weren't at college night.

Option 3:

Ravencrest Chalet Bible school. This school is located in Estes Park, Colorado. Okay, now this looks to me like it was made for Macy. I just got through going through their website and reading all about the school. I know Macy would LOVE this place. Okay, let me just show you what this little chalet overlooks.

Isn't that amazing???!!! It overlooks Estes Park. Macy has always been a nature lover and she loves the beauty of Colorado. She would love to work at Noah's Ark in Colorado. Anyway, this is actually not a college...it's a Bible school. This is what the site says:

About the BibleSchool Program
From September to May,Ravencrest Chalet offers an intense, college-level study of the Bible. Upon the completion of one full school year, students will have surveyed the entire Bible as well as had a concentrated study of many different books in the Bible. Contemporary issues of Christian living will also be studied in the light of God's Word.Students will have the opportunity through their studies to develop a firm foundation for their Christian lives.
Transfer Credits
Many Christian colleges accept the studies completed at Ravencrest Chalet for transfer credit. This makes our program beneficial to those students who plan to continue with their college education.For those interested in missionary work, our school satisfies most mission agency requirements of thirty credit hours of formal Bible training.
Anyway, this is something that I'm really going to be praying about. I really feel like Macy would love this place and benefit greatly from it. She's so involved in the church and wants to be a missionary so this places sounds perfect. Her friends, Asa and Micah, are there for the year and love it. I have talked to their parents and they are really happy with the school. Macy is going to go visit Asa and Micah over her Spring Break this year and I think Mar and I may just go, too. I love the beauty of Colorado but I haven't been back since high school because I always got sick. My dad took us every year to Colorado to go snow skiing and I always loved the beauty but hated being sick. Anyway, I'd like to visit this place and see. I think it would be great to go with Mar to Colorado. I don't know if we'd ski or not. It used to be his favorite thing in the world to do but he has knee problems now so I don't know.


Macy has also applied to U of A but she's not going there. She doesn't want to go there and I don't want her to go there. Not that it's a bad school. My nephew goes there and my other nephew is going there next fall. I even went there for a year. I do not, however, think that Macy would like it at all. She doesn't, either.


It is an absolutely gorgeous day outside today...sunny and 66 degrees!!! I need to go to the grocery store. I'm making white chili for dinner tonight. It's SOOOO good! I also have to make cheese dip for Macy's senior lounge day tomorrow. Hopefully, Macy will be home soon and can come with me. Going to the grocery store is one of my least favorite things to do so it always helps with Mar or May come with me. :) Happy Thursday, y'all!

Comments

Weeksie50 said…
Wow, that Bible School in Colorado looks and sounds amazing..

I went to Hillsdale FWB College for my first two years.. I loved it. But unfortunaly a lot of my classes didn't transfer so I ended up doing my first two years all over again.. So, I think you guys are super smart to pray about it.. I basically chose to attend Hillsdale because all my friends were going there.. although it was fun, I wasted a lot of time..

Ugh. I don't like grocery shopping either. Yuck.
Anonymous said…
Heather,
Hi! I was reading Kipp Summers' blog and saw your comment and linked to your blog! You look the same as you did in high school/college! Beautiful! I can't believe Macy is all grown up! I remember the last time I saw you she was just a little girl--it doesn't seem like it's been that long! I just wanted to say hi and get back in touch after all these years.

Carole Henry Dalton