Granny

I woke up this morning and had the sweetest note from my baby on my I-pod speakers. I took a picture, of course, but I haven't uploaded it to my computer yet. I have such an awesome husband and he loves me!!! :) This has been such a busy week. Monday night, Hannah and I had a small group leader's meeting and Tuesday night, we had small group at my house. Yesterday, Lamar and I took Macy to court for her ticket (she got a ticket for failing to yield the day she had her wreck). Did you know if your child is under 18 and gets a ticket, he or she has to go to court?! Anyway, it was kind of interesting...I had to go stand by Macy before a judge. There were lots of kids and parents there...we even saw one kid we knew. :) Anyway, we made Macy pay for her own ticket and she's going to have to pay to go to driving school, too. The judge makes anyone who gets a ticket go to driving school...and that is only if it's the first ticket. The judge seemed super nice. I liked him. You could tell he cared. Tonight, we're headed to college night with Macy. I'm kind of excited. I love going to shows where you get free pens and all that. I always love going to dental conventions and getting all that fun free stuff. :) Tomorrow, we're headed to Hot Springs to watch Pug play football. I'm going for Lamar. He just loves this football stuff! :) We may even go early and go to Garvin Gardens. I don't know what it will be like this time of year, though. I need to check that out. Saturday, I'm supposed to walk in Race for the Cure but that may not happen. I ordered the cutest shirts for Lamar's staff to wear while they walk. I'll try to post that. Anyway...busy week!

I've got some bittersweet news...my sweet Granny is probably going to heaven soon. The reason it's bittersweet is because we're all going to miss her being here on earth but at the same time, the Granny we all knew was gone a long time ago. She's had Altzheimer's (is that spelled right? I have a hard time pronouncing and spelling that word) for almost 10 years now. She never wanted to be this way. She talked about it a lot. I had a dream about a week ago, before we knew she may die this week, that she and Paw were walking together healthy and happy! I got so excited! I ran over to them, got in between them, and put both my arms around them to walk with them. I yelled at Lamar, "It's Granny and Paw, it's Granny and Paw!!!" and then told him to hurry up and get my camera to take a picture! HA! :) Anyway, when I woke up, I felt like I really saw them! It was the best feeling and made me miss them. They both looked like they did about 20 years ago. When I woke up, I wondered if she had died. Anyway, she got a UTI this week and she quit eating. She's now in hospice in Cabot. :( We didn't think she would make it through the night on Tuesday so Mar, Hannah, Macy, and I drove to Cabot to see her one last time here on earth. All her kids are here in town to see her, too. On Wed. she ate a little bit and today she sat up and ate so she may be here longer than we thought. I think she knows all her kids are here and it's making her want to hang on. I was talking to my sister, Shanny, the other day about we were discussing how when Granny goes to heaven, she's going to have Paw there waiting on here and her mom (who died when she was 6) and her close sister (who died in her 30's), and she'll have 7 grandchildren there....my mom had 6 miscarriages and my aunt had one. Anyway, I am so happy for her that she's about to be free from her body. I hope she'll go soon. I love her and can't wait to see her in heaven someday!

This was taken 6 years ago on Thanksgiving. Granny always won the award at her reunions for having the most grandkids! :) I think she has 26 grandchildren. On Thanksgiving, the guys all play golf and they call the tournament the Granny's cup. All the women go walking and call the walk The Granny's Walk. :)

Granny with my family a few years ago.

I wasn't here for this one but it must have been Granny's birthday...look how beautiful Granny is!

Look at that beautiful face!! Granny has NO wrinkles, by the way. It's really quite incredible. I am serious...she literally does not have one wrinkle on her face. Please, Lord, let me inherit those genes!!! HA! :)
It's the most gorgeous day ever outside! I'm not staying in any longer...I'm getting out to enjoy this! More later!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Weeksie50 said…
Of course I remember you.
I am so glad you found me..
You were one of my favorite xanga buddies.. I still have a xanga but I don't go there much..

I have only been on blogger for awhile.. I have had one for a year or so but just recently picked it back up...after only 2 post last year..lol. I just like having an outlet.. I don't know.. I guess I just kinda announcing my business to whomever would like to read about it..lol.

I added you to my blog roll!

Oh, I am sorry to read that Macy had a wreck but I am glad that she is okay.. and that the judge was kind when giving out the ticket..

Your Grandmother is beautiful. An absolute ray of light.

I can't wait to read more on your blog.. I will get caught up on Charlie Bear, Your Rosie Love, and Ooo, and Aw over the sweet things your Lamar does for you..
Love all the family pics! Sorry to hear about your grandmother, and we will be praying for your family!