I got this today in an e-mail from Family Life... Moments for You. Yesterday I read the one about pleasing your husband and realized I need to do a lot of those things. When I read the list of 15 ways a husband should please his wife, I realized immediately after reading that Lamar already does every one of these and then some. He not only brushes my hair but he even blow dries it. He made me bacon last night when I was craving it and he made it again for me this morning. He goes out of his way for me all the time and always ask, "Is there anything I can do for you?". Every morning when he goes to the kichen to make his oatmeal, he always asks me without fail, "Can I get you anything from the kitchen?". The answer is always no but he continues to ask every day. He prays with me before bed every single night and every single morning. He also reads the Bible with me every night. There is not one day that goes by that he doesn't tickle my back. He also washes my feet in the bath every single night. I just assume this kind of thing is normal until I casually mention to a friend, "Well, I guess I don't get those scaly things coming off my feet when I get a pedicure because Lamar washes my feet every night with a loofah" and then I get a shocked response and usually a laugh, too. :) He also tells me a lot that I'm his very best friend and it's usually just out of the blue. I could go on and on and on but I'm already probably being too ooey-gooey. I seriously cannot imagine a better husband than Lamar. Some people say to me that they would go crazy if they had an over-attentive husband but I LOVE IT!!! I always feel special. I just need to do for him the same things he does for me.


Fifteen Ways to Please Your Wife
How beautiful you are, my darling, how beautiful you are!Song of Solomon 1:15

Hug and kiss her every morning before leaving the house.
Go to bed at the same time she does.
Brush her hair while complimenting her eyes and appearance.
When she's studying herself in the mirror, tell her, "You are so beautiful."
Evict late-night television from your bedroom.
During mid-afternoon, call or send her an email to ask how her day's going.
Try your hand at making breakfast on Saturday morning.
Put gas in her car, vacuum the floor mats, and clean the windows.
Write her a short love letter. List several ways she has blessed you this year.
Resurrect common courtesies: Hold the car door open. Offer her your arm.
Put the toilet seat down.
If you hear her engaged in a tough situation, compliment the way she handled it.
When you're together in a crowd, find a way to brag on her.
Help her put the kids to bed.
Pray with her every day. Every day!
If this sounds like a lot of work or if it's out of character for the kind of guy you are, do it anyway. You'll get better at it. And I guarantee your wife will love you for it.



15 Ways to Please Your Husband -Barbara Rainey
Romans 15:2-3 tells us, "Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to his edification. For even Christ did not please Himself…" Who is your closest neighbor? Your husband. How can you edify (build, improve) your mate and thereby enhance his self-worth? By discovering—and doing—what pleases him.
If you are creative, pleasing your mate may be a natural part of your personality. But a less creative person may need some coaching in becoming a partner pleaser. And all of us need an occasional cue card to remind us to reach out. Here are a few ideas:
Write him a letter and send it to his office, or put a love note in his lunchbox or briefcase.
Prepare his favorite meal.
Arrange an evening out for just the two of you.
Wear his favorite dress with your hair done the way he likes it.
Purchase something small and frivolous for him that he won't buy himself.
Give him a nicely framed picture of yourself, or of you and the children, for his office.
Surprise him with an all-expense-paid trip to do something he likes, such as golf, fishing, or hunting trip.
Put the children to bed early and prepare a candlelight dinner.
Do something that especially pleased him when you were dating.
Read Scriptures and pray with him regularly.
Take walks together.
Keep your junk out of the garage.
Greet your husband warmly after work.
Wear his favorite negligee or buy a new nightgown to add sizzle to your evening attire.
Clean out the car for him.
Sometimes the smallest gestures can make the biggest difference in your marriage. Pick out something you haven't tried before; don't give complacency a foothold in your marriage relationship.

Comments

What a great post! Jesse & I love to be together too & people always think we are weird! We pray that as we age we can always stay as close as we are now!