Orange Beach

We had such a great time at the beach. It was so relaxing! Orange Beach is my favorite place to go because we always stay at Seachase and there is a grocery store right across the street, there's an outlet mall close by, and there are a lot of restaurants. We have found that going in September is the best time to go because it's not crowded, it's cooler, and it's cheaper. We spent a week going to bed when we wanted (which was usually early) and getting up when we wanted. We'd spend our mornings and afternoons reading on the beach and then go somewhere for dinner. After that, we'd just come home and spend time together talking or reading. My kind of vacation is just to go and relax, which is what we did. This year, we brought Macy and her friend, Andy, with us. I told them we wouldn't be doing a whole lot other than relaxing but I think they still had fun. We still ended up shopping and eating out quite a bit so I think they were good. :)

I really think I could be right here every single day and never get tired of it.

We read some great books while we were there. Lamar read a few books by Steve Farrar that were excellent....Finishing Strong, Point Man, and God Built. I finished reading a good book that I can't remember the name of and then I read Breach of Promise by James Scott Bell (I think that's his name). Once I finished that, I started reading In Search of Eve and I'm still reading that one. It's pretty good so far. For those of you who haven't read Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers, it's the best book I've ever read. I always have a copy on hand where I can give it away to people. I've read it 3 times and I never read books more than once. I've never given it to someone that hasn't absolutely loved it. Most people say it's the best book they've ever read. :) I just love that book!!!

We take a picture like this every year at the beach. Lamar always holds out the camera and takes it and they are usually our favorite pictures.

Macy and Andy. They're so cute!

Macy and Andy built a sandcastle every day. They did a great job! Each day they got a little bigger and more elaborate.

I love Macy's "poof"! :)


It only rained one day so we headed out to San Roc Cay. My favorite store there is called Private Gallery (the lady said they have a store in Fayetteville, too). It really had some cute stuff! I found some great shoes there but I didn't buy them because they were $15o. I wrote down the name where I could try to find them cheap on e-bay. :)

Lamar wanted to take a picture here because his favorite picture of us was taken in this exact chair years ago. I can't find it on my computer right now or I'd put it on here.

This picture was taken last week at Christi and Lawson's Razorback game watching party.

Today we went over to mom and dad's to watch the Razorbacks play. :s Rosie came and sat with us and snuggled on my lap for the first 10 minutes of the game. I loved it, of course! Lately, she has been pretty possessive of Hadamar (that's what she calls me and Mar...she combines our names when she's talking about both of us...I love it!). She wants us all to ourselves. When anyone comes in the room with us, she says, "Go out of here" because she knows Mar and I will start talking to them and all of our attention won't be on her. :) Hannah and Justin are trying to teach her that it's not polite tell others to leave the room. After the game, we headed to get me some new running shoes. I went jogging the other day and have horrible shin splints. The salesman was great ...he actually had me jog up and down the sidewalk to see how I ran and then he got me the best shoe for the way I run. They are comfortable, too. After that, we headed to Office Depot to get me an external hardrive for all of my pictures, music, and videos. Unfortunately, the software won't install and tech support is closed today. :( Right now, Mar is reading me the chapter called Ruth out of Just as I am by Billy Graham. It's about how he feel in love with Ruth at first sight. It's so sweet!!! By the way, Mar and I have seen Fireproof twice and loved it both times!!! I totally recommend it! Well, I think it's time to head back over to mom's to see Rosebud. We told her we'd be there when she woke up from her nap but she took such a long nap that we had to go so mom told her we'd come back over later to see her. More later!
Posted by Picasa

Comments