So, this morning I went to Lynda's class. It's always really good. She is such an encourager! I always take away something that is very helpful. One thing that I liked that she said today is that the worst thing in life is to go through something awful and not learn one thing. I thought that was really good. I mean, if you have to go through something really bad, you might as well try and learn something from it. She said that sometimes the worst thing that happens can lead us to the best thing. People in the class gave examples. I thought about everything I went through with Ryan and how horrible it seemed at the time (and it was) but if it wasn't for all of that, I wouldn't be with Lamar today. Last week, Lynda said, "Life makes a lot more sense backwards...too bad we have to live it forwards". That's true, too. If I look back on life, I can see why certain things happened that at the time I had no understanding of whatsoever. It's like that country song, "I thank God for unanswered prayers". What a great song! Anyway, I always love Lynda's clases. After that, I went with Shanny to the Terrace. YUMMY! I get the same thing every time...chicken terrace with extra sauce. It's always fun to eat with Shanny. I am so thankful for my sisters! :) Since I've been home, I've had 2 pieces of Coca-Cola cake! :s One of these days, I just may conquer my addiction to chocolate. :)

Macy and I always end up wearing the same thing! :) I found these sweatshirts at the Bruin store on sale for $20. I loved the color so I got Macy and I both one. Of course, we both end up wearing them on the same day. I was one of those mom's that liked to have mother/daughter outfits....looks like that is still happening! :)

We took Rosie to the park last week. She loved playing with Lamar. They got in this little tunnel and pretended it was a house. I love this picture!

Friday night, we drove to Hot Springs to watch Pug play football. I was so impressed with this school! It was so nice! The band had thier own little building (on the far right) to play in. Everything was super nice.

Hadamar :)

It's always fun to cheer on the Bruins with family.

Abby has a new boyfriend named Tyler! He is super nice! I wonder if he has any idea what he is in for with the Smith family!!! :)

We watched the LSU game over at mom's on Saturday. They did really bad BUT the good news is, the RAZORBACKS won!! How bout them Hogs!!! Rosie was so cute. She got all her hair stuff out and asked me to sit down and told me to "sit still" and to "look up" and kept putting this bow on my hair and telling me I looked like a beautiful princess!!! HA! :) She's so girly! I love it!

So, Macy has applied to both U of A and Ouachita. I REALLY want her to go to Ouachita. I think she wants to go there, too, but she went ahead and applied to U of A to have a backup school. Her school encourages her to apply to 3 to 5 colleges. I think applying to 1 is just fine. :) I just think Ouachita is the perfect fit for her but I trust God with it all. He knows better than I do, that's for sure and just because I feel like Ouachita is the school for her, doesn't mean it is. We'll see what happens. It's hard to believe that this time next year, she'll be in her freshman year in college. As of now, she wants to be a marriage and family therapist. Wouldn't it be kind of fun if I finished my graduate degree with Macy. :) I sure think so.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Weeksie50 said…
Wow, what a fun weekend you guys had. I love Friday night football. I love it even more when I am cheering right along with my family..

I can't believe your Macy is a Senior. That is crazy..You guys are rockin' the cute Bruins Hoodies..

That school is super neat. At my school the band took up the majority of the far right bleachers..

I went to UCA in Conway for one year.. I don't remember if I had told you that before..

I read where you are working w/ Lamar in his office. Is your schooling on hold right now? I remember you telling interesting stories about all the classes you were taking..